Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2015, 03:37 PM

Default Re: mezzo backup software

Hi Folks,

I have a nightmare project on the go, just took possession of a 20 year old ProTools system with an album on it, I am trying to rescue the project.

I have reconstructed most of the system (Quadra 900) with parts and supplies from ebay and find myself at the point where I am trying to restore 4mm dats via Mezzo Media. Mezzo seems to know about all the tapes and sessions stored on them, but mezzo is not seeing the tape drive (not the original)

I dont really understand how to make mezzo see the tape drive. when I load up the cd burner control panel and use it to search the SCSI buss, it sees the tape drive.

Is there a way to configure mezzo to see my tape device?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any insight!
Thanks
Franco
Old 01-14-2015, 04:50 PM

is it a newer drive that Mezzo my not have a profile for? just a guess had a similar thing with Retrospect

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-15-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
is it a newer drive that Mezzo my not have a profile for? just a guess had a similar thing with Retrospect
Unknown, the drive is dds1 as per the original device, this one is an HP Surestore 2000e. I tried it plugged in the system accel bus, but nothing saw it, so I run it on the built in scsi p25 pin port - at one point I launched mezzo and it said, your tape drive is not in ID 6, set it to ID 6 and reboot - so I thought I was good to go, but I still could not get it to see a tape device.

Also I think this is a much older version that is being discussed here, dont have it at the moment, but it was something like 2.1, but I will find out and post again...

Thanks for trying to help :)
Franco
Old 09-04-2017, 09:41 AM

I can restore any mezzo tape backup. Any tape, any version.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:51 PM

Hey Paul!

Are you still doing Mezzo restores? What version(s) of Mezzo do you have up and running? If not, would you be interested in selling your archive setup?