Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 PM

Default Re: 9173error

So an update.....I've been sp frustrated that I got Studio One DAW, and as it turns out, it happens also on that DAW as well...These crazy CPU spikes...On SO it seems it runs a little more effecient around 30% and then wham....On PT the same session is about 45% on average but when it starts it is steadily going to 100.

I changed audio interfaces and no difference.
I turned off the internet card and no difference. I don't know what else to check on the computer that could be causing it?

Any suggestions guys?
Old 07-02-2019, 06:21 PM

I would bet it is your integrated graphics that is the issue.
Put in any cheap graphics card in.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:26 PM

Hi friend sorry to hear that !

At least to me 2 things jump into my eyes here .

1.I only see the intel integrated video card . You dont have a dedicated GPU ? ( im seeing from my cellphone sorry if i missed it ) You might need a dedicated video card .

2.Is this a hard drive ? : ( letter F )

Elem (F:): 466GB (NTFS, 4kB) @ WDC WD5000KMVW-11ZSMS5

(500.1GB, USB3/SATA300, 5200rpm, 8MB Cache)

If so its too slow it can give problems too . If you have any audio or samplers loading from it try moving them to one of the others you have that run at 7200 rpm and try again .
Old 07-03-2019, 09:55 AM

Get LatencyMon and see if anything is causing interrupts.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-04-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Hi friend sorry to hear that !

At least to me 2 things jump into my eyes here .

1.I only see the intel integrated video card . You dont have a dedicated GPU ? ( im seeing from my cellphone sorry if i missed it ) You might need a dedicated video card .

2.Is this a hard drive ? : ( letter F )

Elem (F:): 466GB (NTFS, 4kB) @ WDC WD5000KMVW-11ZSMS5

(500.1GB, USB3/SATA300, 5200rpm, 8MB Cache)

If so its too slow it can give problems too . If you have any audio or samplers loading from it try moving them to one of the others you have that run at 7200 rpm and try again .
Hey guys... Thanks for responding....
Yes it is an integrated graphics card.
If I go with something like what is on the picture.... Would that be good enough?

The f drive is an external drive... But I also tried loading a song off the internal back up drive and it's the same problem... And it is 7200rpm and I only have the songs on these hard drives.... No vsts.

The funny is I never maxed out the CPU until 2 months ago..... And I'm still not making out... It's just these weird spikes.

I'll try the graphics card... Please let me know if that's good enough? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Get LatencyMon and see if anything is causing interrupts.
Thanks I'll try it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2019, 03:12 PM

So I ran LatencyMon while playing back a song in studio one...it seems less of a pain than pro tools but still bad....Can anyone see what could be the problem?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
CONCLUSION
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:05:57 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: TAVARES-PC
OS version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 (x64)
Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Z87-A
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Logical processors: 4
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 16255 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 3405 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 8754.312817
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2.700545

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 573.939940
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.106895

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 33.535683
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.00640
Driver with highest ISR total time: hal.dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.008080

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 344904
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 630.877239
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: iusb3xhc.sys - Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver, Intel Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.283586
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: iusb3xhc.sys - Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver, Intel Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.625757

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 2038096
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 34
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: studio one.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 6
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 2
Number of processes hit: 2

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 12.304178
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 33.535683
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.115391
CPU 0 ISR count: 344904
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 630.877239
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 8.916926
CPU 0 DPC count: 2028369
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.291883
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 1 ISR count: 0
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 157.433186
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.006083
CPU 1 DPC count: 2551
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.020133
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 116.914244
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.004132
CPU 2 DPC count: 1989
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 1.508878
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 291.698972
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.009652
CPU 3 DPC count: 5221
Old 07-07-2019, 03:28 PM

Hi again !

Update your chipset drivers from the manufacturer website and Bios if possible ( be careful on the last ) .

Do you have the Bios properly configured ? I would start doing a Bios reset then load a default ot optimized settings then from there :

Disable all power settings and related . Like C-states , Turbo boost etc .

Also choose an xpm profile if your bios support it , if no , set the ram clock and timming manually .

If you dont know how to do it . Download CPU-z it will give you all the info you need to do so .

Let us know if you need help on this !