Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Default Hearing instruments in play mode???

Let me first say that I am very new to Pro Tools, so my questions on these forums will probably seem very basic to many of you. First question...I can't seem to hear or practice any instruments unless I am actually recording. I got the Click plug-in to work in play mode, but how can I play my guitar (which is plugged into a Digi 003 rack) and hear it through the headphones without recording it?
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Hearing instruments in play mode???

Quote:
Let me first say that I am very new to Pro Tools, so my questions on these forums will probably seem very basic to many of you. First question...I can't seem to hear or practice any instruments unless I am actually recording. I got the Click plug-in to work in play mode, but how can I play my guitar (which is plugged into a Digi 003 rack) and hear it through the headphones without recording it?
Hello and Welcome the the DUC,

Firstly you have posted on the TDM forum! the LE users have their own section on the DUC, from the main menu scroll down the screen till you come to the LE MAC users forum..

http://duc.digidesign.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB24

To try and answer your question. You have to set the channel to "input monitor" little square button with the letter I, next to the record button, click this box.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Hearing instruments in play mode???

Quote:

To try and answer your question. You have to set the channel to "input monitor" little square button with the letter I, next to the record button, click this box.

Chris
Chris,
LE doesn't have this.

Try Option-K.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.