Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Default fades referencing wrong audio files

i am running pt hd 7.2 cs2 in mac os 10.4.8

session is .wav

i have a recurring bug when importing session data or saving a session copy in. seemingly random fades that were fine are referencing the wrong audio file. for example, a cross-fade in a wind track will reference an explosion or some other random audio file other than the one it should / was. the waveform actually shows the incorrect audio, and the only way to fix it is to hilight the fade, and re-build it manually. throwing the fade files folder away and rebuilding that way re-creates the incorrect fades. i have tried throwing out the digi databases to no avail. the sessions i am importing the tracks from were created in the same pro tools version, and the save session copy in is to a session with the same spec's as well.

the only slightly abnormal element is that some of the audio files in the session werew sd2 format, and were converted to wav on import for use in the session.

any help would be greatly appreciated as i can find no other reference to a similar issue anywhere

thank you
Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: fades referencing wrong audio files

Pretty strange issue there.

I would trash volumes folder, all prefs and databases at the same time, using the cleaner app that floats around here on the DUC, might be stickied.

Secondly, what if you get the session working as clean as possible and then do a save session copy... copying all the audio files to a new session folder with new session file. Seems like that session file itself is corrupted.

Or try creating a new session file and then importing a few tracks at a time from the old session and testing. Maybe a single track or tracks are causing corruption?

Or if you get the fades working, then consolidate the audio as much as possible, avoid fade files all together and then do the save session copy.

Just throwing ideas out...
Old 09-16-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: fades referencing wrong audio files

for the past week i've been trashing all drive databases at the end of each session, and the problem seems to be a little better, but definitely still occuring. now on multiple systems. it has something to do with importing tracks from a session that has un-linked audio...i think