Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2010, 03:40 PM

Default Corrupt Project file after crash.

Half way through the second day of tracking I attempted to move a number of grouped tracks along the timeline only to be dealt the Mac 'beachball-of-death'. After waiting for about 5 minutes I had to accept my fate and Force Quit PT. On reloading the project it appeared to be going as it should until all was halted and this error message was displayed. (Also shown in link to image.)

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/vb_snow_leopard/AlturaPorts/PT4_App/MacBuild/../PtSess/PtSess_RunTime.ccp", line 18636 while translatting Tracks.

http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/winvbass/

I tried to create a new project and import the session data from the problem file but was met with the error message again. I attempted to then reload from Session Backup files but received the same message. I worked my way in reverse order back through 21 of the available 22 backup files with the same result. After a considerable amount of panic and a dash of dispare I clicked on the earliest available SBup file at it opened. I was able to then rebuild by importing session data a little at a time from the corrupt project file.

Apart from gaining a few more grey hairs and the loss of about 30 minutes, there was no real damage done. I thought it worth mentioning though to see if anybody can shed some light on the subject as I'll be nervous of similar moves in future and I have come to greatly value PT's bullet-proof reliability.

Cheers in advance.

System: Dual Quad Mac - OSX 10.5.8 - 6Gb RAM - HD1 - PT8.0.3