Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 09-11-2011, 12:24 PM

Default "Sad But True" preset: short sample

Today I ran into a very interesting website that lists tons of information on the gear James Hetfield used in the span of Metallica's career (It also has some interesting quotes on the recordings):

http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/jamesamps.html

There is a photo that shows the settings of James' Mesa/Boogie head in the "... And Justice For All" live rack. So I thought "Why not giving those settings a try on the Eleven Rack?" Dialed in the settings, and so far I was pleased with the pure amp tone.

I then decided to record a short sample using the backing track of "Sad But True" from the "Guitar Hero: Metallica" edition, although this song is not on the "... And Justice For All" album, but anyway ... . I added a high pass and some reverb in order to "move" the guitar more back into the sonic landscape as opposed to the "right in your face real amp" sound. Here is the result:

http://soundcloud.com/ralf_t/metal-r...ng-tone-i-demo

I have recorded three guitar track with minor variations of the same preset. I was too lazy to record 14-30 tracks I can upload the preset to the ERUG in case anybody is interested. But it is basically the settings on the above mentioned website plus the Vintage 30 cab and the Dyn 7 mic for the pure amp sound.

Apologise the sloppy playing; it was the first time I played that tune and I just started playing the guitar again last year after a break of 11 years
Old 09-11-2011, 02:13 PM

Default Re: "Sad But True" preset: short sample

Nice sound and playing dude

If only we could find the settings of most bands ...

Could you image
Awesome: Eleven Rack (with EXRP)+ M-Audio Bx8a's