Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-16-2011, 12:21 AM

Default BUG: Save Copy In with Elastic Audio Rendered Processing on

I had a really weird experience with saving a PT10 session as a PT7-9 compatible file. I was able to reproduce this with 6 different PT10 sessions I recorded.

Here is what happens: I imported a REFERENCE AUDIO file to an audio track to use as a reference to record drums to. (I capitalized REFERENCE AUDIO because it will be referred to later on). I then recorded 6 tracks of drums (snare, kick drum, toms, etc), grouped the drum tracks, created a Stereo Aux track and bussed all the drums to that Aux. I then turned on Elastic Audio for all the drum tracks and Quantized them thru the Event Operations menu.

After I was done tweaking the Warp markers I set the Elastic Audio to "rendered processing" to save processing power. i then went to File > Save Copy In and set the Session Format to "Pro Tools 7 -> 9 Session." I left the session data at the same 24 bit/48k that it was recorded in and checked the "Audio Files" and "Session Plug-in Settings Folder" boxes.

Then I closed the original session and opened up the new PT 7-9 friendly version. What I got was all of my drum track audio replaced with warbled version of the REFERENCE AUDIO that I import to record drums too. Yes, all the drum track audio was gone and on each and every track that I had "Elastic Audio" turn on was replaced with a very garbled version of the REFERENCE AUDIO.

After some troubleshooting, I was able to get a clean PT 9 friendly version by setting all the Elastic Audio to "Real-time Processing" instead of "Rendered Processing" and then repeating the same "Save Copy In" steps. Once I did that I was able to open the PT 9 version and it played fine.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Default Re: BUG: Save Copy In with Elastic Audio Rendered Processing on

I just wanted to clarify something in my description... after I recorded the drums and grouped them, I bussed them all to an AUX track by setting the OUTPUT of the each drum track to the AUX track NOT adding a "send" to each track.