Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Mystery Rack-mounted standalone Video playback Box

Has anyone seen this box or do you know what it is called? I came across it online a month or two ago, and can't believe that I can't find my bookmark to it.

Essentially, it was a box that contained a hardrive that you could access by firewire port, and it had a playback processor of its own, and could stream pure HD in slave sync with whatever system you run. I was planning on looking into it more when I got past my previous job, but now as I say... I can't find the bloody bookmark!

Does anyone have one or know its name or who makes such a box? I think it was a 2U unit, and just played directly to the TV.

Ciaran
www.ciaranhope.com
Old 11-04-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Rackmount standalone Video playback

Do you mean the Rosendahl BonsaiDrive? http://www.rosendahl-studiotechnik.de/bonsai.html
Old 11-04-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Mystery Rack-mounted standalone Video playback

Actually no, it wasn't that but thank you for the link!

I've spent all day searching online and can't find it and it is such a shame because I know it is out there, I am just surprised that it is so difficult to turn up on a search result.

Basically, the idea as far as I remember, was you load your files into this box, using your computer as an access point, then sync it with pro-tools and let it slave along, spitting out pretty much any type of video right up to HD.

It seemed a very intuitive idea, and I had expected someone to do something like that, but now its weird that I can't find it again. This is one of those occasions where not bookmarking something finally catches up on you!

Ciaran
Old 11-04-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Mystery Rack-mounted standalone Video playback

was this it?
http://www.doremilabs.com/

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig