Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 02-17-2010, 03:50 PM

Question TORQ LE and M-ESSENTIAL. cant get TORQ to record

i opened a new session in PROTOOLS M ESSENTIAL. and created a stereo audio track and assigned TORQ to it. (opened up a second audio track and put in a cd song in .wav form) when i loaded 2 songs into torq and hit the play buttons and started scratching. i could hear TORQ. (not sure if it set up as slave tho) and also the other .wav track. when it TORQ track was NOT record enabled. i could see mix bars moving. but when i turned on RECORD ENABLE, RECORD and hit PLAY. the bars went dead and a null signal recorded.

so ive gotten M-ESSENTIAL to do everything and more i expected it to do. dont even think i will need upgrade to M8 for months. but not getting what the bundle SAID WOULD WORK, and not getting any telephone or email reply from M-AUDIO. has got me a bit frustrated with an otherwise PERFECT interface and great functioning program.

can anyone tell me what i may have screwed up in SLAVING TORQ to PROTOOLS.

ALSO if anyone is certain that TORQ wont record scratch trax in M-ESSENTIAL. or FULL M8. please warn me so i dont waste any more time on THE REWIRE feature
Old 02-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: TORQ LE and M-ESSENTIAL. cant get TORQ to record

In order to record audio from a ReWire input, you must set the output of the ReWire track to an internal bus (e.g. Bus 1-2), then create a new audio track and set its input to that bus. You should be using Aux Input tracks for the ReWire plug-in; when you insert it to an audio track, the audio can't be recorded directly to that track.

Go to www.digidesign.com/dtv; there are a bunch of tutorial videos, you just have to create a free account. Go to the Pro Tools Accelerated Videos Channel, towards the bottom is a video on Reason Adapted - Recording Reason Tracks into Pro Tools. The process would be the same for recording the audio from Torq to Pro Tools.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:44 PM

Smile Re: TORQ LE and M-ESSENTIAL. cant get TORQ to record

mucho thanx to ADMIN for the telephone reply and this forum tip and video link.

i think this is the specific link mentioned

http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm...9;&printview=Y

Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 AM

Default Re: TORQ LE and M-ESSENTIAL. cant get TORQ to record

Hello, can I take advantage of this as well with a protools setup that is not m-powered? Im using protools 8, I noticed torgue is in my list of instruments just don't understand yet how to add it to my production. I'm not a Dj, but like to use it for some cool effects if possible.