Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 08-21-2013, 09:03 AM

Default Can't access HD Native interface in Logic 9

OS: Snow Leopard 10.6.8. ProTools 10.3 HD. That works fine through the ProTools native audio interface card (with 192).

But, I've got a job coming to me in Logic 9.1.0. So, I quit ProTools, launch Logic. It cannot find the Native card and interface for output. In the output hardware selector in Logic, “HD Native” does not appear. Only “built-in output, built-in line output, built-in digital output”.

It’s been a while since I used Logic. This used to work. Don’t know what might have changed. Maybe an update or two on PT HD 10 but I’m not sure what.

Also I don't think HD Native works for any core audio, such as iTunes. I checked “Audio MIDI setup”; the HD native interface appears but is listed as “0 inputs, 0 outputs”. (This may be related, but otherwise I don't care about playing iTunes through the thing. Don't mean to drift off into the weeds.)

Is there a driver update that I need to install? If so where can I get it? (Please ensure snow leopard compatibility.) Or what? And how can I make sure that this doesn’t kill my ProTools which is working fine and frequently used?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Can't access HD Native interface in Logic 9

Hi Les,
Which exact version of Pro Tools HD 10.3 do you have, is it 10.3.0?

There is section on "Known Issues with Pro Tools CoreAudio Hardware Drivers" in the Pro Tools 10.3.7 Read Me beginning on page 24:
Pro Tools 10.3.7

Not sure, but maybe some of that info will help.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:25 AM

ProTools HD 10.3.2.47. (Sorry this seems to have been posted in the Windows forum not Mac. Do I need to move it?)
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Admin Emeritus

I already moved it.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 AM

This info in the ProTools 10.3.7 Read Me tells me that I cannot have ProTools launched at the same time as any other core audio function. I am not doing this. ProTools is not running when I am having this issue. Thank you.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:30 PM

OK - - The good news - - I have successfully installed ProTools 10.3.7. Works fine. I did not update drivers, nor the HD native interface card firmware.

The bad news - - doesn’t seem to have any effect on core audio apps such as Logic, DP, and others; they still do not work with the HD Native interface.

There is a tiny change in the hardware selector in Logic, now “ProTools aggregate” is shown. But not HD native. In DP, HD native shows in the list but throws an error message when selected. In Audio MIDI Setup, HD native still shows as having “0 inputs, 0 outputs”.

Now what, please?
Old 01-01-2015, 09:00 AM

Hi,

I am having this exact same problem. My system was fine when I shut down on the 21st Dec. Now in Logic for Output my options are Pro Tools Aggregate IO or built in output. Input Device : None.

I have 3 x PRISM ADA8 XR's hooked up and usually see the option for 32 i/o (using the first 24). Have tried re-seating the HD Native card. No luck.

Pro Tools 10.3.9

Errors:

Unable to establish sync

Audio processing could not complete due to conflicts with other CPU tasks or a potential clocking issue.

If this occurs often, verify your sync cables or try changing the HW Buffer Size setting in the Playback Engine dialog. In most cases, a larger HW buffer size will prevent the problem. (-9171)

Pro Tools 11.2.1

Errors:

Unable to establish sync

Almost word for word the same as above except this time error code (AAE -9172)

Old 01-02-2015, 08:08 AM

Ok so this was solved by reinstalling the HD drivers.........perfect system again!!