Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2009, 02:16 AM

Default Shane bales, HEY!

OK.. Maybe they will let the fun side of this thread continue without the misanthropes jumping in with their childish and denigrating commentary...

(May I remind myself that "I" was the one that mentioned toilete water swirl direction?)

What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Shane bales, HEY!

I hope so; there were a lot of good thoughts being tossed round in between the antics.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Yes lets see if people can offer constructive directions to Avid, and not another bitch fest with personal attacks.
ok

make protools work properly. there is no need for access violation errors, buffer underflows blah blah.. most of us are working off machines that smoke the competition (i7 920 here, with UAD and liquid mix). i can run cubase all day long without so much as a glitch (ok i know it has its bugs but they're nowhere in the league of PT).

having to upgrade my plugins (especially w*v*s) is a joke. if i want to use the plugs i paid for then that should be my choice.. especially in waves case - people shouldnt have to pay the WUP just so their plugs work in protools... i mean seriously, 5.9.7 isnt exactly a dinosaur of a waveshell.

listen to your customers. digi dont. its insulting as a paying customer.

implement features that we've been needing for years. I DONT CARE ABOUT HD. crippling LE doesnt make me want to go and buy a HD sytem, it just makes me think more and more of either going back to cubase or looking elsewhere. DIGI NEED TO GET OVER THE ILLUSION THAT HD IS THE BOMB. its not, its a joke at the moment.

have a good long look at your pricing. then cop the f**k on and come back to earth.. you may just make a few more sales with a reliable system and COMPETITIVE pricing.

that is all.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 AM

Wait... when did Shane become a farmer? Now he bales hay?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 AM

I've said this before, but I'm not bitter about having to trouble shoot problems. What I do get frustrated with is how cluttered the site is. It is annoying to have to drill down and see so much content that isnt relevant to your gear or your stuff. Everything is tracked with iLok and Mydigi...whats the problem? Why separate out mydigi from the normal site. Why not link relevant trouble shooting and updates from within my digi so that hte content is all specific to what you own?

The technical stuff sucks as well - ADC and offline bounce.

My opinion is that the market will take care of all of these things. It is also that there is a philosophical hubris ingrained in the company. They depend on the inertia of the fact that the industry uses pro tools, but others are stepping up. I dont have any plans to leave pro tools but as alternatives are developed, I won't have any choice but to consider them.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 AM

Yeah, I'll go with you there, the web site is a nightmare. I think it leads to a lot of the uninformed questions that you guys have to answer. Oddly enough the DAW itself is so intuitive.
That is my problem with Reaper. It is so unintuitive. The drop down menus look like the Digi webmaster wrote it.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:01 AM

It's all gallows humor at this point.

There are incoherent mumblings that L9 has hardware insert delay compensation. I may make a break for it.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
It's all gallows humor at this point.

There are incoherent mumblings that L9 has hardware insert delay compensation. I may make a break for it.
i spent last night on GS looking for this exact thing and it seems to be true......

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM

What I regret most of all is that Complete Extortion Toolkit.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
What I regret most of all is that Complete Extortion Toolkit.
+1.., Well, maybe not MOST of all... but up there. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY up there...
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!