Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2003, 07:42 AM

Default OSX drivers for Core Audio & Digi 001

When can we expect said drivers? Any news, or inside scoop on them? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Dying to use my Digi001 in OSX! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

(And NO I don't want to buy PT6. I use Logic Platinum and just need Drivers for my expensive hardware! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 03-01-2003, 07:51 AM

Default Re: OSX drivers for Core Audio & Digi 001

Ok, OK I did a search and found numerous bitchy "where are the damn OSX Core Audio Drivers" -threads. April or so (*so long, noo!*)

Well I wont delete my post because I want to let it stay here - to at least express my frustration... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

go go go guys! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] code it baby, code it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
(If you need some extra coffe, tell me you're address and I ship you coding guys some! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

PS
What I wonder is that why it would take so long - or whats the Problem to separate the drivers from PT6!? Whilst coding the drivers for PT6, it should be possible to leave them "stand-alone" for the non PT6 users? Why does one need to re-code them on their own?
Old 03-01-2003, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I don't mean to sound rude, but please be patient. [/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well you are. Very Rude. Keep your own mouth shut. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Are all PT users this arrogant?

Your statemnt doesnt asnwer the question.

If you sit down as a programmer, coding PT6 for OSX, you will have to write the Core Audio Drivers. So they are THERE! Wy not release them to the public? What are they writing on? (still!) The drivers are there! There in PT6 OSX!
Old 03-01-2003, 02:34 PM

you guys are drinking way too much coffee. I agree with both of you ... I suppose because I'm Canadian [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ... I don't understand why they don't get some coding monkey out of QC and get them onto this code writing.... I would ask CS or digitechsupt, but them clowns never respond to our important issues ... NEVER ...NEVERNVERNVERNVERERMVERERNRENVNEVERRRR!!!!

oh, gotta go, my coffee's ready.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:22 PM

I would rather sweep my house with a toothbrush, than get stuck with having to use Logic Audio...for Audio--(Not Midi)...

Logic is the most UN-Logical Audio software on the planet!!!

OK---I am NOT talking about MIDI!!!

The Logic Audio AUDIO--Editing is a Nightmare, and could only be used by UN-Informed--Un-experienced people, that have Never had the complete Ease and Sanity of using ProTools...

OK--Don't take my $.02 personally...Just do not talk about what you obviously could Not understand...Also, I can see who is Arrogant--This IS a ProTools Forum, in case you have gotten lost.... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Isaiah 40:31
72 Strat with single 2-Blade pickup
PTLE 10.3 LE
2-SSL Alpha Channels - 1 SSL G-Compressor
Apogee Rosetta 200 - Z-Systems Opti-patch
Lexicon MPX-G2 Guitar Processor - .003r
Command 8 - Roland JV1000 + Triton Rack
FOCAL TWIN 3way speakers + JBL Q108MK11 Bottom
2-52 jax MilSpeck Patch Bays
2-22" Apple Cinema Display's
Allen & Heath 16ch Mixr

**Currently = 11-1-12
2 CD's Released-1-2003-2-2012 Worship ROCK
Old 03-01-2003, 05:40 PM

audomiditweaker: protools or logic, i think you are misunderstanding the difference between protools being able to access its own hardware, and it allowing that hardware to be used as a audio device for any application (be it system, logic, whatev). right as i speak i have pt6 open, and audio/midi setup open too. guess what? audio/midi setup reads standard config (system audio), no option for digi hardware, and yet i get sound from pt6 thru my digi001. it doesnt seem that wierd that these are seperate processes. it will take a little more time. obviously their priority was getting pt6 to work with their hardware. soon, we can all be happy, when the drivers are ready
Old 03-01-2003, 05:51 PM

two thoughts:

If you use Logic and not PT, then why in the world did you buy a Digi001? As an interface goes it is pretty weak...although I supposed bang for the buck is high, but quality isn't. You would have been better off with any MOTU, M-Audio, etc. In fact, you could spend a couple hundred bucks and get an M-Audio USB interface and be humming right along in OSX.

And as far as audio editing in Logic...invariably the comments about how it sucks come from people who don't know how to use Logic, or try to force it to behave like PT. BTDT, RTFM's, got over it.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:29 PM

I got it for free (used from a friend)
Why a flame war on Logic? There some PT users that like Logic a lot too.... why is the audio unlogic? PT's automation like Logic's? Software synths? Why are so many Big names working with it too (beside PT I agree)?
You know there is other stuff next to PT as well, don't all be so simple minded and think PT is the only thing in the world.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nostatic:
two thoughts:

And as far as audio editing in Logic...invariably the comments about how it sucks come from people who don't know how to use Logic, or try to force it to behave like PT. BTDT, RTFM's, got over it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Amen! You say it! thanks! You can get a hell of a lot out of it if you know how....
Old 03-01-2003, 06:40 PM

Hey 'tweaker, you didn't respond to this in [snyzch]'s post, so I just wanted to reiterate - There are no core audio drivers for any ProTools hardware available yet. ProTools is different than Logic in that it does not use the Core Audio manager to access it's hardware, it uses another application called DAE. Perhaps you weren't aware of this and that's why you thought the drivers would have been written already. Digi has stated many times that they are working on the drivers, and we should expect them by the end of the quarter.

Slim