Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 errors...

Will someone please help me figure out all of these ridiculous problems I have with this program? I'm running Pro Tools 10 on a BRAND NEW iMac with OS X 10.7.2, connecting to a Roland Fantom G8 for recording. I had a friend with a college degree in audio engineering (very familiar with Pro Tools) come help me set everything up and get this program ready to record and even he couldn't explain some of these glitches. Too bad Avid sent me an invalid support code so I can't contact them about it? Anyway, I'm aggravated to say the least. I keep getting this 6101 error message about CPU overload despite running ONLY Pro Tools at the time. I started with the "H/W Buffer Size" (which it recommends increasing) on 512, 3 host processors, 95% CPU usage limit, and had 3 plug-ins when this started (it recommends deleting some plug-ins). My friend deleted the 3 plug-ins I had and upped the Buffer Size to 1024, as well as upping to 4 processors just in case. Still get the same stupid error when I'm only a few notes into the first track! It stops me in the middle of recording (which I want it to if there's ACTUALLY a problem, because I don't want to pops and clicks), but I wasn't expecting it to stop me every single time I try to record. I can't get anything done this way! Also, the playback sound on my click track comes and goes, though it always recognizes that it's playing. Every now and then, it will rush what I've recorded for a split second in playback, knowing good and well I didn't record it like that. I have less than two months to get a CD recorded and I can't even get through a single phrase right now. What is going on?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 errors...

Hi, to be honest I had a terrible time with PT10 and 10.7 I think its a fair call (at least in my experience) 10.7 and PT 10 are not friends. Other people may have had luck. I had to migrate back to 10.6 to get PT10 working happily. I lost a lot of time and work with PT10 crashing and corrupting sessions.

My 2 cents.