Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 LE: Delay Compensation ETA?

Just wondering if anyone has gotten any estimates as to how much longer we will be waiting for native automatic delay compensation.

Digi has commented several times that it's in the pipeline, is only a matter of time, etc.

I thought with NAMM and all perhaps some people may have gotten some answers...
Old 01-19-2009, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 LE: Delay Compensation ETA?

Pt 3000:d

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-19-2009, 02:47 PM

Until PT 3000 comes out, you can try Mellowmuse ATA. I haven't tried it but supposedly it works.

http://mellowmuse.com/ATA.html
Old 01-19-2009, 03:25 PM

Yeah, the ATA is cool, but for me not really a complete solution. Anyone else?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Perhaps when the new financial models come in and the executives panic they will decide the immediate-term revenue bump is worth sacrificing the artificial protections for HD. Otherwise it might have to wait as long as a year after HD's replacement shows up. Which could mean 2011 or something.

I have concocted many (perfectly legal) ideas about how to force the company to de-cripple the native line...thinking of ways of showing a company the customer is boss. The thing is, I don't want to hurt the company...if I did, I'd just leave for another DAW. I want them to prosper and continue improving the product. So it's hard to come up with a strategy that makes their intransigence untenable while not bringing them to their knees.

(Which their own mismanagement is already doing a fine job of... )

Raising awareness is all I've done recently...A major magazine cover story on the continued crippling of Pro Tools native would be a real help. ("Digidesign to native customers: Drop Dead.")
Old 01-19-2009, 04:21 PM

bottom line is this. adding this one feature still does not threaten the additional strengths of the HD line. I've been using PT for years and seriously getting tired of delays to features that make a difference in my workflow time. DC is a major workflow enhancement. absurd...ugh...
Old 01-20-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devkerr View Post
Yeah, the ATA is cool, but for me not really a complete solution. Anyone else?
Just wondering what limitations of this plugin make it inadequate? I'm thinking of getting it.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
A major magazine cover story on the continued crippling of Pro Tools native would be a real help.
This would be great, but it will not happen as long as Digi places advertisements in all major magazines every month (at least here in Germany).
Old 01-20-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly73 View Post
This would be great, but it will not happen as long as Digi places advertisements in all major magazines every month (at least here in Germany).
So much for the idea of a free press.

But it's a (virtually) free Internet.

So I speak.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertree View Post
Perhaps when the new financial models come in and the executives panic they will decide the immediate-term revenue bump is worth sacrificing the artificial protections for HD. Otherwise it might have to wait as long as a year after HD's replacement shows up. Which could mean 2011 or something.

I have concocted many (perfectly legal) ideas about how to force the company to de-cripple the native line...thinking of ways of showing a company the customer is boss. The thing is, I don't want to hurt the company...if I did, I'd just leave for another DAW. I want them to prosper and continue improving the product. So it's hard to come up with a strategy that makes their intransigence untenable while not bringing them to their knees.

(Which their own mismanagement is already doing a fine job of... )

Raising awareness is all I've done recently...A major magazine cover story on the continued crippling of Pro Tools native would be a real help. ("Digidesign to native customers: Drop Dead.")
You need to read the ADC threads where Digi has posted replies. You're way off base as to why LE currently doesn't have ADC.