Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Consolidate and Duplicate function problems in PT LE 7.3.1

Hello All,

I have recently made a major upgrade: moved from the PT LE 6.9 to 7.3.1, which also involved the OS upgrade to Tiger: currently running 10.4.9. In addition to that i have added the Music Production Toolkit to feel that luxurious feeling of (seemingly) never ending track count (OK, I am getting carried away a little). For most part things work fine: had to install the CHUD to get rid of some noise from my Mac, but that went away. The thing that feels great is that I do see a big difference in the CPU "capacity"... I can run more plugins per session. But overall my system feels slower than my 6.9 setup: the interface seems to "choke" frequently, and some simple functions like auditioning regions or clips from the Regions menu are definitely slower than they used to be. There are however two problems that did not go away, and I am hoping someone will help me with these:

1. The biggest pain: the Consolidate function just does not work! I am unable to consolidate regions in my PT LE. The key shortcut does not work, and the Consolidate option in the Edit menu is always "grayed out"... I did some searching and I think some people reported similar problems, but I was unable to find any solutions. This is a pretty vital function for my workflow, and i can hardly imagine moving forward without it.

2. My second problem is almost as debilitating as the first one: duplicating selected regions in edit window crashes my PT LE every single time I attempt to duplicate more than one track. In other words: if I select a bunch of regions across say two or few tracks, and then select Duplicate or do a keyboard shortcut for that, it will duplicate it once, but on the second Duplicate command the PT crashes. I use this procedure quite often to rough out the piece structure, or simply extend particular pattern sections... never been a problem with 6.9... now crashes every time.

Of course I have goon through the troubleshooting steps, trashed this and that, but nothing addresses any of these problems. I would like to humbly request your assistance, or any words of advice, suggestions, or just thoughts on any of these matters. all will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
p.

My specs:

Mac OSX 10.4.9
Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5
2.5 GB RAM
PT LE 7.3.1
Music Prod. Toolkit

PS
As i was doing searches into this matter i found somewhere a post about possible version conflict between the PT LE software and the version of the Music Production toolkit. I don't know if that is a problem or not, and whether it applies to me, but the installer discs I got for the Toolkit came with PT LE 7.1.1 and I had already the PT LE 7.3.1 installed... so, anyone knows if this is this something I should worry about?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
With Love from the Labor Camp
We Are Working All The Time!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Old 08-17-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Consolidate and Duplicate function problems in PT LE 7.3.1

1. You've deleted the AudioSuite DUPLICATE plug-in. Reinstall it to get Consolidate to function.

It sounds like you should do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Hi!

Rail, that in fact did take care of problem Nr. 1!
Thank you so much!

This made me wonder about something.
So this particular plugin: Invert-Duplicate.dpm like all others had been moved out of the plugins folder after the installation of PTLE 7.3.1. Now Digi warns left and right that you should not put in the Plugins folder anything that is not authorized to work with PT 7.X... and I don't see the Invert-Duplicate.dpm plugin on the list of officially supported plugins... But putting it BACK in that folder FIXES what otherwise appears to be a bug/problem of 7.x... is this somewhat confusing or am i overthinking it?

Anybody has any thoughts on the crashes caused by consecutive duplication commands?

My best to you all,

With much love from the Labor Camp

p.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:43 PM

That is a standard plug-in installed when you install Pro Tools -- if it's not in your Plug-Ins folder someone manually removed it. I suggest you do a clean uninstall of Pro Tools - clean out your Plug-Ins folder and reinstall Pro Tools to make sure you have all the components installed correcty. The fact that someone removed the plug-in which stopped Consolidate working isn't a bug.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••