Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2001, 11:02 AM

Default Pro Tools Free keeps locking up on me?

Everytime I go to Pro Tools Free it boot's up and initializes all of it's preferences and plug-ins, and then loads fine. Once inside I open a new session, and that goes fine, then like clockwork after about 2 minutes it locks up completely and I have to hard boot (ctrl/alt/del) my whole system to start over.

This is what I use:
HP 6535 w/500mhz Celeron processor
192 MB RAM
Lexicon Core 2 AIOI pci soundcard

Cubase 5.0 VST/32, Cool Edit Pro, Cakewalk, all run fine on my system!

Is it because I'm using an HP or does anybody else have this problem?
Old 01-27-2001, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Free keeps locking up on me?

I am having the same basic problem: PT freezes after bootup, when I attempt to configure the application.

I have walked away in frustration and do not look forward to working with it again.

This is inexcusable for applications today. Especially a sales tool -- I assume Digi is giving it away with the intention of selling product in the future.

Pat

Old 01-27-2001, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Free keeps locking up on me?

Hi people:
I experienced the same freeze on bootup with PT Free, R1, till I read a suggestion on the DUC to download the latest driver software for my soundcard. My card is a Soundblaster Live Value. The updated driver has solved that problem. There may be an incompatability problem with your particular soundcard and PT Free-try going to your soundcard manufacturer's website and see if there's a driver update you can try. Good luck.
Terry C