Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 04-02-2018, 12:13 PM

Default Input monitoring button in Dock

Hi there
I go deeper and deeper into using a Dock with Artist Mixes, and day by day I find myself more and more happy with my workflow.
But I think that one basic functionality is still missing in the surface - Input Monitoring...
First thought coming in my mind is to have it under Rec button ( with holding SHIFT ) instead of Automation Modes. I suppose that all Dock users prefer to hit dedicated buttons on the left side anyway. So, this doubled funcionality is not necessarily needed.
I would suggest to give a choice between Auto Modes and Input Mon under Preferences. It could work globally for all eucon surfaces - I think that during recording sessions Artist Mix users definitely would prefer to have a quick acces to Input Mon than Auto Modes.
What do you think guys?
Eddie ?
Old 04-02-2018, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Input monitoring button in Dock

From the Dock, you can do it from the iPad. It's a workaround for now though not as nice as tactile buttons. There's also a version in the lower soft keys that can be pressed from the Dock ("Input Mon Tracks w/ Selection"). You could also put it as a soft key directly (Shift+I and use the "do to all"/"do to sel")

For the Artist Mix (and probably the Dock) there was talk in the forum of possibly a two button press. It's definitely on their radar to add. If you search, you'll find the conversation. (I doubt the automation buttons would be used -- they are devoted to so much already)

A long requested feature nonetheless.

Last edited by BScout; 04-03-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:09 PM

6 years and counting? I don’t want to have it depend on region selection. It’s a track command, it should be relevant to the selected track. I should not have lost this functionality coming from the ancient Command 8.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=330688
Old 04-02-2018, 05:25 PM

From the iPad in the Dock,
  • On the Mixer view, you can click "I" on tracks.
  • On the Tracks view, you click "input" above the softkeys and then click which tracks you'd like to toggle on/off input.
  • On the Tracks or Channel view, you can pull up the single attentioned fader and click the "I" to input enable.

Last edited by BScout; 04-03-2018 at 01:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-03-2018, 12:49 PM

I'd love to see a tactile button combo for this as well on the Dock and S3. For now you can assign one of the touch strip buttons to input monitor. As mentioned you can prefix the command with "Do to Selected" if you want to input monitor all of the selected tracks.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Anz View Post
I'd love to see a tactile button combo for this as well on the Dock and S3. For now you can assign one of the touch strip buttons to input monitor. As mentioned you can prefix the command with "Do to Selected" if you want to input monitor all of the selected tracks.
How do you assign the input monitoring command to the Dock touch strip? I have asked for this command from support so I can map it to a custom soft key on my Artist Control as I cannot find it in the list of Eucon commands, but I’ve had no responses. All I have access to is input monitoring for a track where a region is selected rather than an entire selected track.

Sorry for derailing!
Old 04-06-2018, 07:54 AM

Hey Neale, under Transport >> Record you'll find "Input Monitor Tracks with Selection"

that should enable input monitoring for all tracks that are selected.

does that help?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 AM

Unfortunately not. I'm looking at setting the input monitoring on a per-track basis, just like solo/mute/record arm. "Input Monitor Tracks with Selection" only toggles tracks with a region selection on it rather than a track selection. This was available on my old Command 8, mystifyingly not today via EUCON, neither as a pre-mapped command nor as something I can find to custom map myself to a softkey.

I just thought maybe you were suggesting that there WAS a command for that that Dock users could use, so maybe I could use it myself for my Artist Control.

Again, sorry for the derail. Back to the Dock folks. There's a whole other thread about my issue dating back to 2012 here if you want to post on this other issue there:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=330688
Old 04-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Well, I found that the quickest way to access Input Mon on an attentioned track (not selected regions) is hitting softkey button for single fader on iPad (in left upper corner) and touching "I".
I could even live with it - really fast way to do that on a Dock .
Old 04-08-2018, 12:11 PM

I'd love to see this function on the Dock's surface also.
Regularly reaching to Input Mon. enable & always frustrated by having to do it from the Control App.

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad