Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 06-10-2018, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Create, open and Save Pro Tools Session Issue

I'm experiencing a similar problem and get the same permissions denied message, even after switching to AFP. I'm using Pro Tools 2018.4 with OS High Sierra on a single computer, and no peripherals or other devices connected. It will not let me create a new file in the same location where my old files were stored previously, which was under Macintosh hd/applications/avid/protools. When I first tried creating a new file, I noticed in the location bar at the bottom of the startup dashboard that it was being saved to a new location, somewhere in Documents and it would save the session in that location. (on a side note, in case it matters, because of other related software I'm trying to get to work in protools, I recently went to PT set-up/preferences/operation and noticed that the location for User Media and Settings was all set to various location under Documents, but don't know if that's normal or not). Anyway, I switched the location on the PT startup dashboard to the above mentioned applications/avid/protools because I wanted all my sessions in one location, the location where they used to automatically be saved, and the problem of permission being denied when trying to create a new session started up immediately thereafter. Since the permissions section was removed from Disc Utility app, I did also tried a couple of work around techniques for resetting permissions but those techniques didn't help--perhaps there's another way. If anyone has further suggestions, I would be grateful. I would very much like to be able to create new files and save them in one spot. If I can't get a solution in this thread, I may have to create a separate thread. Thanks!