Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2012, 12:15 AM

Default Cubase 7 is out with a BANG ! Avid We Need PT 11 !!

I just checked ... the new version is out and steinberg guys are working their ass out in this latest version on the mixing console trying to get to the legendary pro tools one ..... I think Avid need to push a bit more in terms of Pro Tools 11 unless it's something of a game changer ...
Cheers ....
Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Cubase 7 is out with a BANG ! Avid We Need PT 11 !!

You ever worked with Cubase?

Obviously not!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 AM

Oh yea ... I got the 6.5 version and the only negative it lacks was the visuals .... it feels more like a dummy ... but plenty of useful features whereas pro tools has this sleek and intuitive workflow ...
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 AM

apparently you're okay with not knowing what your mixes sound like then?

cubase cant ever possibly touch pro tools... no transparency... period.. next!

Old 11-14-2012, 01:03 AM

Well ..... I am trying to make a bit of sense in here .... in terms of features and stability ... Pro Tools still lack far behind ...
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bechara View Post
Well ..... I am trying to make a bit of sense in here .... in terms of features and stability ... Pro Tools still lack far behind ...
OK, now I know you´re joking.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:48 AM

Wahahahahahaha ..... okay i rest my case .... If you happen to be an HDX User then you're right it wouldn't be fair comparing Gold to Iron .... If you are to compare a Pro Tools 10 system (No HD Native, HDX ...) to a Cubase System .... it would still be comparable
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 AM

Cubase does many more things with music and midi, because it's a music app. Like Digital Performer or Logic...

ProTools does many more things with all audio production workflows (music, radio, audio books , tv & movie post...), and its Steinberg Brand competitor is Nuendo.... Which is being updated too (v6), with new control surface and audio i/o hardware, called "Nuage". Seems to be quite sexy BTW.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bechara View Post
let me put it to you this way... as an audio engineer, i'm trying to make sense of your statements... in terms of accuracy and credibility, you're lacking far far behind my friend...

I would suggest you take some proper recording / mixing training and then look at whats available in the PRO AUDIO section.!

for starters... you may want to take a look at HD/Native and pay close attention to the price of admission... these systems are not for the weekend enthusiast or hobbyist...

i'm going to assume you do not own pro tools 10.. as I doubt you'd be harping on the pro tools 11 bandwagon so hardheartedly.....

again... all the bells & whistles and fancy buttons aint gonna do crap for your mixes if you dont have a clue what your recordings actually sound like..
but then most folk nowadays dont even own an actual microphone as its so easy to just purchase some one elses recording and call it their own.. or even art for that matter...

i do know a few folks who run with cubendo, logic, even fruity loops... and some of their tracks sound okay... yup... thats about it...
you should understand though... i can always tell who owns what and weather they actually recorded the tracks themselves...

Old 11-14-2012, 04:42 AM

Dear bachhus ... I am not an audio engineer and didn't study anything related to audio ... i am what you call a week-end enthusiast or more a hobbyist since 2001, I do own a Mackie Onyx 1640i and an mbox as audio interfaces and use a pc workstation and a macbook pro, I've started using Pro Tools since the 7.4 version came out with my Mbox and currently have the 10 version .... the thing is i am more into composing music than mixing and mastering audio since as u said i just read here and there about audio mixing .... I opted to buy Cubase 6.5 few months ago since PT wasn't really helpful in terms of virtual instruments heavy load .... but stilll no DAW came close to that intuitive workflow of Pro Tools ... if i am waiting for 11 it's just because I would like my PT Rig to be more responsive when it comes to loading presets and samples in VIs ....