How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2017, 05:47 AM

Default global pitch problem when starting PT

Hello

I'm using Pro Tools 11 with sample rate @ 48kHz (for post-prod work) on my HP Z1 Workstation with a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (1st gen) set to 48kHz with internal syncing and Win Pro 7.
The sound properties in Win are set to the 48kHz format to match with the audio interface. I've worked with this sample-rate for quite a time now with no issues.

So, here's a sudden problem that occurs since a couple days; When i'm listening to music on iTunes or making music on Ableton (also @ 48kHz) the output coming out of my speakers sounds at the right pitch but when i open up PT then, after hearing some pops/clicks as if the Scarlett had reconfigured itself, the overal pitch from PT, Ableton and iTunes is lowered several semitones. When i close back PT, it stays like this!
It's only when i change the sound properties in Win for a moment to 44.1 and then back to 48 that the pitch goes back to normal.
And the whole process repeats itself as soon as i open PT..

I re-installed the driver of the Scarlett several times but doesn't make a change, the driver is also not updated since March 2014 so not really of use to update.
I set everything to 44.1kHz and then there's no problem but that's not an option since i do stuff for post-prod.

Cheers guys,
Nicolas
Pro Tools 2022.9

Last edited by nicolasvr; 07-28-2017 at 02:19 AM. Reason: precising the info
Old 07-27-2017, 10:55 AM

Default Re: global pitch problem when starting PT

Please make this a Sticky - or at least put it in the Avid Optimizations. On Windows, do not use your interface for Windows sounds/audio, set your onboard soundcard as the default. Also, have you done all the recommended Avid Optimizations? See the Help Us Help You link above.

Also, Focusrite's drivers for Windows, for some, have not been the greatest.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction