Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM

Default I Record where Producer Uses ProTools, can you answer question?

Hi, I'm a hypnotist.

I record audio that consists of 5 min intro, 30 sec, 30 sec, 22 min with music, then the same 22 min without music.

The first time in 4 hours, we recorded the CD, and the producer removed breathe, tweaked a few errors and allowed me to hear and okay it, then he put on my IRSC codes and gave me a master.

The next time in 4 hours, we did another CD. I was able to print both.

The next time he said he didn't want to be rushed, He wanted to edit alone, so a week later he gave me masters that were not good. Many, many errors in voice that was up and down, and quiet and loud, and not printable.

But before we did that we had recorded 2 more, he wasn't giving me anything to listen to,

So we recorded 2 more in a 4 hour session.

One of the problems is the music that is not supposed to be on track 5, but on that track music bleeds through in and out..along with the up down of sound, which didn't happen on the first 2 CDs.

I told producer these things need to be fixed, and tried to book time to work on it together to get it right. He wouldn't get back to me with a time and has dragged on for weeks. (He's not busy.)

He's acting like a prima donna and like I'm being difficult.

But to me, I didn't think it was right since we are talking about 30 min real time, that the first time I hear them they are "mastered" and already "bounced". Which now makes his job so difficult he's said. I want to make sure it's right, then master it.

He also knows I use ISRCs and he put them on first 3, but didn't do the next 4,
isn't that a simple checklist to make sure to do that before he completes a master?

Would most producers hand me masters with the music bleed through, the sound up and down, and not tell me or talk about it?

Am I wrong or difficult when I'm paying for studio time to want to hear my recordings to know if it's there, or not?

That since the first two recordings didn't bleed music, why did they in the following cd's. Is this my fault? (He said I have a soft voice, but I don't, I project and am a clear speaker.)

Is "bouncing" in Protools such a difficult thing? In garageband, I can do it and walk away. He makes it sound like it's a ridiculous amount of time to do it. Even in real time wouldn't it just be 30 minutes or so?

Would love to have experienced protools producers let me know your thoughts.

Thank you for any insight you can give me.