Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2017, 02:03 PM

Default Re: now waves won't load at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Glad you got it sorted. I'm in the same kind of boat with regards 9.91 versus 9.6 - I'd need to up my OSX version to OSX 10.10.5 to use the new WavesHell. Problem with the offline installer is Waves won't be updating it as far as I know so no new plugins can be added without going up in WavesHell. Means the new cool stuff like F6 and onwards aren't available to us dinosaurs.
used to be us dinosaurs had been at it a long time. Nowadays you're outdated before you get it good and set up and a lot of the time you're left out with minimal support. It's not right but that's how it is.
Honestly I didn't want to upgrade at all, which is where all my problems started. All I wanted was Addictive Drums and they wouldn't work on my version of 10. That led me down the rabbit hole of all sorts of other problems.

May I not need another upgrade for a long while. So long as 10 works I'll stay with it as long as I can.