How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-28-2013, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Reason, Reaper and AAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
That's a trick that goes way back. When needing more tracks in early PT-LE, Rewire from Live Lite back to PT got more tracks in the mix.
Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk
Yup! What I like to do is (usually), instead of taking the output from the Reason instrument directly to the Rewire output to route to PT, I take it from the Reason mixer channel. That allows me to use the Reason mixer like an input mix console would be used. Gives me better control over the input signal than directly out of the instrument does. I can even automate it a bit if I want, kinda like riding the fader when recording!

Old 05-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
Hmmmm... Well, Propellerhead doesn't call them that. Technically, it's mixer and device, not instrument.

Buttdialed by me & Tapatalk
You appear to be talking about different things. We were talking about the terminology Rewire master is something like PT and Rewire slave is something like Reason. If you look at Reason when running with PT it clearly says Rewire slave in the gui.

Yes Reason does have mixers and devices but those would be considered part of the Reason slave environment.

QAPLA!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You appear to be talking about different things. We were talking about the terminology Rewire master is something like PT and Rewire slave is something like Reason. If you look at Reason when running with PT it clearly says Rewire slave in the gui.

Yes Reason does have mixers and devices but those would be considered part of the Reason slave environment.

Not on Propellerheads site

http://www.propellerheads.se/develop...rewiretechinfo
Old 05-29-2013, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfelton View Post
Okay then why does Reason say it's a slave to PT in the Hardware Interface part of the Reason rack gui when running as such? It says 'Rewire slave mode' in the little window. Why does everyone else refer to a program as whether it's a Rewire master or slave? That's what we were talking about originally in this thread. Outside of the page you link to at no time have I ever seen those terms used by other software companies in relation to running the Rewire client. One is either a master or a slave but can't be both at the same time.

QAPLA!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:19 AM

Some apps like Reaper can act as both (Slave or Master)
Pro Tools access rewire as Master only.
The current plug-in connection to rewire is a .dpm type (DigiReWire.dpm). An AAX variant should be part of 11* and running at 64Bit so any slave (Reason/Reaper) should then be able to use their respective 64 bit versions.
*(Isn't this is the threads question)

Rewire = Audio-Slave to Master X channels, Midi-Master to slave x channels

And Yes at least a pair of audio Master to slave would be nice (Maybe in V3). The only way has been a hack into the Rebirth audio input on Vintage Windows or Mac OS9 (Hack Not Worth the effort IMO not relevant in OSX)
Maybe a creative programmer could create a rewire audio send plug-in emulating the rebirth device?
Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 PM

Hi everybody. I just installed Pro Tools 11 and try to open a Pro Tools 10 session that was working perfectly and Reason was disable cause "can't find the plug-in".
I did all that is instructed in the PT 11 Owner's Guide to activate Reason, but there's no sign of ReWire.
I search all my computer for the DigiReWire plug-in and only found the one working with PT 10 (.dpm).
This not only happend with the ReWire plug-in, it also happend with the instruments and my AmpliTube and PSP plug-ins.
Any one knows how I can fix this ?
Thanks

Risko
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskozero76 View Post
Hi everybody. I just installed Pro Tools 11 and try to open a Pro Tools 10 session that was working perfectly and Reason was disable cause "can't find the plug-in".
I did all that is instructed in the PT 11 Owner's Guide to activate Reason, but there's no sign of ReWire.
I search all my computer for the DigiReWire plug-in and only found the one working with PT 10 (.dpm).
This not only happend with the ReWire plug-in, it also happend with the instruments and my AmpliTube and PSP plug-ins.
Any one knows how I can fix this ?
Thanks

Risko
Hi Risko

You will need to update all your plugins to AAX 64 Bit (AAX2) and as far as I can see neither PSP nor Amplitube is there yet. Just keep an eye out for them beeing announced AAX2 64bit here and on their respective websites. As for now the only plugins and virtual instruments that works are few and far. However there are some to be found so you will have to wait until they are 64 bit AAX

Here is some info on Propellerheads Reason :
http://www.propellerheads.se/support...c-os-x-system/

Best Regards
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-27-2013, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi Risko

You will need to update all your plugins to AAX 64 Bit (AAX2) and as far as I can see neither PSP nor Amplitube is there yet. Just keep an eye out for them beeing announced AAX2 64bit here and on their respective websites. As for now the only plugins and virtual instruments that works are few and far. However there are some to be found so you will have to wait until they are 64 bit AAX

Here is some info on Propellerheads Reason :
http://www.propellerheads.se/support...c-os-x-system/

Best Regards
Chris
Thanks Chris for the info, but still can make ReWire work. It doesn't appear in the menu at all. It's in the correct plug-in folder, It shows when loading PT 11 but than it doesn't appear at the menu.
Does this only happend to me ?
Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:21 AM

Thanks Chris for the info.
I still have the problem with the ReWire plug-in. It's in the correct folder, it shows in the launch windows when I start PT 11 but then is missing from the inserts menu.
Am I the only one with this problem ? I own Reason 4.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskozero76 View Post
Thanks Chris for the info.
I still have the problem with the ReWire plug-in. It's in the correct folder, it shows in the launch windows when I start PT 11 but then is missing from the inserts menu.
Am I the only one with this problem ? I own Reason 4.
Might be because of you having Reason 4. With Reason 7 I can Rewire Reason into PT11 demo just fine.

QAPLA!