Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-16-2017, 11:45 PM

Default reinstall drivers for Pt 10.3.6 mac HELP!

I had to replace my fried motherboard in my mac tower and now I can only get protools to connect to converters and open and play a session when I open digitest first. Now when i open the session it will only play from my computer speaker and when i try and go to setup>hardware it is set on PT Agregate. I then launch setup app where I see PT HW HD PCI but it has 0 ins and 0 outs and cannot be chosen. Im guessing I need to reinstall drivers?? There is no graphic representation for my converters in the i/o window as well which are a 192 and 96i/o
When I reach the avid page and my account I do not see a record of me downloading 10.3.6 and Iam having trouble understanding or finding the correct drivers I need to download for 10.3.6. can someone led me a hand, a little knowledge and experience would be rad. Hopefully Im on the right track here.
On a side note can anyone reccomend a protools tech in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area? I have had a tough time finding someone.
Thanks
Old 06-17-2017, 01:26 AM

Default Re: reinstall drivers for Pt 10.3.6 mac HELP!

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think you have a bad cable between card and first interface. That's the most likely reason why DigiTest cannot see them...
Old 06-17-2017, 02:17 AM

Tried switching out cable and tried different accel cards i have 3 but no luck. If i cannot find any converters only the agregate as an option for the hardware and I/o setup how do i load them? Reinstal new driver software i assumed but looking at the avid download page im unclear as to where i find the correct download for driver software thays compatible with 10.3.6
Can anyone help me out with that or am i totally off base?
Old 06-17-2017, 02:21 AM

Drivers come with the PT10 install, don't worry about that.

What does your DigiTest say if you only have core card and one interface connected?
Old 06-17-2017, 06:43 AM

Heres an order of what happens upon restarting my mac and trying to load protools.
Restart mac turn on 96io (i have tried the 192io with different cable. Same reponse) (primary port connected to accel card in 1st slot i dont need to add the spdif cable in this situation do i?)
Open protools
Pro tools hd10 load page opens
And it sticks at "Initializing hardware(DSI)" and wont load any further.
I have to force quit protools after 5 min wait
I search and find digitest. Click to open. All i get is "digitest in upper left corer of finder. I open digitest pulldown menu Services, Hide Digitest, Hide others, Quit Digitest. My only options.
I then click on pro tools app icon and protools runs through loading, checks pugins and etc.
Im then brought to the quick start menu given the option to start a new session, guitar tracking, bit depth and etc. At this point i have loaded up a mixig sesssion off another drive. Since thats my current job.i am then asked if id like to use the saved dsp blah blah or current setup protools agregate. It will only allow it to open if i click pro tools agregate Session opens i see all wave forms pro tools will play but only out of mac speaker try to reset hardware and i/os offers protools agregate which it is curently set at, the HD hw pci.option will not allow me to choose it and it says it has 0 ins and 0 outs. Try opening the i_o setup but no options appear for my converters. For the first time something weird happens in the io setup box at the upper left above "name" for the channels and below input for the io setup a little box appeard that said last used setup or something like that i clicked it and the 192 and 96io appeared instead of the protools agregate where the i/os are labeled and setup i think it was a one time glitch cause when i clicked ok it disapeared and it hasnt returned. Ive tried importing the i/o's from previous sessions and stil just protools agregate and the converter icons will not reappear.
How do i get my mac to load up my converters in the i/o and hardware setup section seems like that would solve my problem?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:37 AM

I'm afraid your core card is broken
Old 06-17-2017, 01:13 PM

All three of them are broken?
Old 06-18-2017, 12:10 AM

Yes, everything is pointing towards a stuffed card I think - sorry but unless you could put the card into another similar, working setup to recreate that problem, it's the card,
Good luck, Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk