Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2015, 07:15 PM

Default Re: PT 11.3 and Yosemite 10.10.2

Just found that exact problem, and it's all working. Dang, that was FUN!
So anyone searching for solutions for this exact scenario should be able to follow this thread in the future and solve the problem.
One note is that when you do the manual uninstall, be careful not to delete your plug ins as suggested by the Avid Knowledge base. Put em somewhere you can get them back quickly. I saved myself a lot of trouble in this scenario.
Thank you all SO MUCH for your help. This has been a helluva day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Sounds very much like this KB article though you did not mention using a French OS.

What happens if you...
- Launch Audio MIDI Setup
- Delete the "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O" (this is the Mac Input & Output combined as one 'device' and will get recreated by PT)
- Launch PT and hold the N key down when you see the splash screen (until the Playback Engine window opens)
- Select "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O"
- click OK
- open or create a session
Old 02-03-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
You're getting all sorts of strange errors when trying to run ProTools that's why I suggested a clean wipe and clean reinstall.

You could just try the normal
repairing permissions
Uninstall ProTools
repair permissions
reboot
reinstall ProTools
Agreed!
It's a way better idea to to a erase and install anyway when going from such a dated OS like Mountain Lion IMO.. I did just that, but also bought a new Mac with mavericks on it and had no problems there updating. On my laptop, I did have a problem and nuked the drive and re-installed everything.. I had time though over the Xmas holidays -:) Just give yourself a good day and do a nice relaxing reinstall with lots of breaks! G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 02-03-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwestner View Post
Just found that exact problem, and it's all working. Dang, that was FUN!
So anyone searching for solutions for this exact scenario should be able to follow this thread in the future and solve the problem.
One note is that when you do the manual uninstall, be careful not to delete your plug ins as suggested by the Avid Knowledge base. Put em somewhere you can get them back quickly. I saved myself a lot of trouble in this scenario.
Thank you all SO MUCH for your help. This has been a helluva day.
YUP! I always have BU's of everything including cloned HD's

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 04-20-2015, 02:29 PM

wow... that actually fixed the problem for me. Unbelievable.

I guess I am just aggravated that my other DAWs (Reason and Ableton) do not require such finicky handling and they just work. UNLIKE PRO TOOLS! sure wish y'all would straighten this stuff up.. it is so very aggravating.