Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2003, 10:11 PM

Default Re: PT 6.0 ???

ATL STEVE... I need to know... where the hell did you get pro tools for 450? You must be talking about mbox and not digi 001.................

I wonder.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ATLSteve:
I know expecting a manual to come with $450.00 dollar software is asking alot, but it would have been nice...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A .pdf manual is included with your LE software for on-screen access. It can also be printed.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by johnn:
I have news from digidesign France:
PT will arrived certailly in febuary 2003. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
It will be free for all person have bought a DIGI since november.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i wonder if the date is the same for a world-wide distribution vs. US?
ken;
Old 01-03-2003, 11:47 AM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...

Jeez, I hope not... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2003, 04:47 PM

I am going crazy switching between OSX (STABLE!) on my Mac to system 9 (which crashes all the time!) How about a driver for the HARDWARE at least... I am not asking for a program now, just a driver so I can use my DIGI001 card with Logic or some other program!!! I am sure many others are gnashing their teeth!

disappointed in sweden
Bert
Old 01-03-2003, 05:50 PM

I'm quickly losing patience. I made the switch to OS X last year and of course the more I use it, the harder it is for me to reboot into OS 9 just to run Pro Tools. I need something soon. I'm seriously considering switching to Logic.

Just think about it. True OS X / Core Audio / Audio Units compatibility. I really want to get an audio interface that I can use with other programs and switching to Logic will allow that.

So far, the little info Digidesign has given is sketchy at best. I have invested a lot of time in learning Pro Tools so I don't want to change. That's really the only thing that's kept me from switching sooner. Digi just seems to be giving me more and more reasons to change though. If I don't see something soon, at least more specific info on PT 6 and how it works with OS X, I'm giving up. I can't wait any more.
www.cd-romney.com
www.ncarts.edu/ncsaprod/designandproduction
Old 01-03-2003, 08:05 PM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...

I'm thinking positive...they really didn't say what day in January it was coming out. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Plus I'll have to reboot to do my normal DSP, so...
Old 01-04-2003, 12:52 AM

Well..... Namm is this month and i am pretty positive they are going to release it. it will be nice to not have to switch back to OS 9. The Only reason I am switching back is indeed to use protools or edit some Tracks I made in Reason which was done on X by the way.

Motu is anouncing DP for X. Wonder who's app will hit the street first? You can't tell me a company like Digi is going to let MOTU release theirs first. Logic & Cubase are already done., Well Sort of. :-}

Digi; Please provide an update on the website. this would be the professional thing to do.

THX

J
Old 01-04-2003, 01:00 AM

This is the second time I'm dissapointed in Digidesign... First there was Reason, a popular tool, where I thought there soon would be direct connect support for, and now the upgrade. We should all get that upgrade for free for all the long waiting !
All this time I hesitated to install my digi001 on my PC, but I thought :"no it'll come soon, ..., don't worry.." That was like SIX? months ago !!
Old 01-04-2003, 10:06 AM

Digidesign needs to get their act together, its pretty pathetic to keep their loyal customers in the dark like this. Bad customer service, but come to think of it its never been too good.