Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-1998, 02:18 PM

Default Latest version of DINR ?

Hi,

What's the latest version of DINR and is it restricted to any particular versions of SD2?
Thanks,

steveV
Old 08-05-1998, 11:08 PM
Avid

Default Re: Latest version of DINR ?

The current version of DINR is 3.1 and includes the SDII version on separate floppies. (v 1.1? not sure, I'm at home)

-BGP-
Old 08-07-1998, 02:17 PM
Avid

To add to Bruces' post, DINR as well as any plugins will NOT work in Sound Designer on any PCI hardware.

Jon Connolly
Old 08-09-1998, 02:34 PM

Thanks, guys!

Now, I wonder if my old
v.2.6 SD2 will run on the
9500/150 refurb I just ordered...?!

Without DINR, of course...

Thanks!

steveV
Old 08-10-1998, 09:52 PM
Avid

You will need Sound Designer II v2.8 and a Digidesign PCI card to run on a PCI mac. While you won't be able to use plugins, there are advantages to 2.8.3 over your current version. See http://www.digidesign.com/serv/csadm...Sound Designer

Bruce Paine,
Digidesign Product Information
Old 08-12-1998, 07:48 AM

hi prodinfo

is there some corporate statement explaining why digi has functionally cut off its mastering stream? there are MANY of us who enjoyed (not to mention worked) mastering using sdll and the plugins. one rarely sees a co. throwing away an entire market. i just bought a 604e mac and pt111 and sincerely regret it.

silent sound studio
Old 08-14-1998, 05:40 PM
Avid

There has been much discussion, in this forum as well as the Pro Tools forum, but this is the statement from the Product Managers that was previously posted here:

posted by: DigiManagers -

Full-scale Sound Designer II development has been put on hold for the following reasons:

- Its codebase is extremely out of date, and needs a complete re-write.
- The compiler it was written with/for is so out of date that we've reached the maximum source code file size it can handle. I.e., we cannot add any more lines of code, or it won't compile(!)

We recognize that we're not there yet. So, to all you diehard SDII fans: we thank you for your patience and understanding, and we solicit your input as to how we can modify Pro Tools to meet all your editing needs.

We recognize that we're not there yet. So, to all you diehard SDII fans: we thank you for your patience and understanding, and we solicit your input as to how we can modify Pro Tools to meet all your editing needs.

Finally: BIAS/Peak will soon ship support for DAE/TDM, which will enable Peak users to utilize the TDM hardware of Pro Tools III and Pro Tools|24 systems.
Old 08-18-1998, 11:28 AM
Avid

DINR 3.x did not upgrade for SD2. The latest version of DINR for SD2 is version 2.2. Do not upgrade to 3.x if you already have DINR 2.2 and are only going to use it with SD2. Do upgrade if you plan on using it with Protools 4.x software either for TDM or non TDM systems.

If you buy DINR 3.x brand new from the store, it will include the older DINR for SD2 with it, but upgrades do not have this.
Old 08-30-1998, 03:47 PM

Hi,

On my 8100/110 I use DINR 1.01 all the time.
1. What are the differences between this version and the new 2.2 version?
2. Can 2.2 be used with SD II 2.8.2?
3. Does an upgrade path exist, what do I do to get it, I'm registered a registered DINR user.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 09-09-1998, 03:36 PM
Avid

Sorry to take so long to reply, Tony, we were a little short handed last week with folks on vacation.
"On my 8100/110 I use DINR 1.01 all the time."
Are you sure? I thought 1.1 was required to work on a PPC. There was a $50 upgrade 4 or 5 years ago to 1.1.

Q: 1. "What are the differences between this version and the new 2.2 version?"

A: We're in the process of updating the software upgrades pages. There have been some older versions listed:
ProTools 4.1.1 | DINR 2.2 | Masterlist CD 2.0

which should actually be:
ProTools 4.2 | DINR 3.1 | Masterlist CD 2.1

The new version of DINR is 3.1. Info on the new features is here:
http://www.digidesign.com/prod/dinr

Q: 2. "Can 2.2 be used with SD II 2.8.2?"

A: The same v1.1 SD II DINR plugin that was included with DINR 2.x is included with NEW purchases of DINR 3.x. That plugin has not revved in a few years, so it is not included with upgrades.

Q: 3. "Does an upgrade path exist, what do I do to get it, I'm a registered DINR user."

A: You can find information on all software upgrades in the Services and Support area, specifically at:
http://www.digidesign.com/serv/csadmin/upgrade.html

The upgrade prices are correct for the newer version of DINR. (One price not there, as of today, is the $149 upgrade to Pro Tools 4.2 from version 4.x)
If you are using Sound Designer II and the SD DINR plugin now, you probably don't need an upgrade to either program.

Bruce Paine
Digidesign Product Information