Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-13-2002, 06:23 AM

Default archiving sessions

A little help here. Can anyone tell me the proper way to archive sessions on CDR.
Everytime I attempt this procedure it fails, I mean when I try to open the session from the CD it cannot find the audio files and tells me that they are not on a proper audio drive or something like that. Regardless, it can't find the audio files. Any help, PLEASE!!!! Is it as simple as just dragging the session folders in Toast and burning away?
I apologize for the ignorance.... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2002, 06:36 AM

Default Re: archiving sessions

Its telling you that "they are not on a proper audio drive" because....

they are not on a proper audio drive.

Move the archived files off the CD and onto a "proper audio drive."
Old 03-13-2002, 07:33 AM

Well that is what I've done but it still comes up with "where is audio_1, etc." when i try to open the session from the audio drive. I don't understand why it can't locate them. Obviously I'm clueless here...
Old 03-13-2002, 01:34 PM

Drag the files, your "backups" from cd onto your WORKING DRIVE. That's your audio drive...They will copy there. youcan then open your session from the working drive NOT the cd. if you get the prompt where is? then tell the computer where to find the file ie: the working drive you just copied it to . Keep trying (and take the manual out and dig in!) Good luck ,craig
Old 03-13-2002, 03:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by opusone:
[QB]Is it as simple as just dragging the session folders in Toast and burning away?

Yes, it is that easy.

I back up sessions to Toast regularly by dragging either to the IS09660 or to Mac Files & Folders.

You may be having trouble if you have a partitioned record drive and for whatever reason ended up actually recording to a different partition than where you think your session is. (Sorry, bad sentence.)

I partitioned my Record drive into 8 partitions: Record 1, Record 2, etc.
If you are doing a session on Record Disc 2, go to Setups, then Disc Allocation, and make sure you are recording to Record 2, (not Record 3).

If you have a discrepancy there, then burn to CD, then try to open the session on CD, it will definately ask "where are audio files" because they were never transferred to the CD in the first place.

By the way, this problem plagues me constantly, because I use a Template to get my sessions started quicker. Well, the template was originally created using Disc Allocation to Record 5. If I'm working on a client who I keep on Record 1, and don't remember to change the Disk Allocation to Record 1, I end up with the same problem you're having.

Jim Barton www.bartonvoice.com