Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 11-30-2020, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Dante Controller and "Pro-Tools-First" Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeverknow View Post
Hello, everyone;
I´d like to Thank You all again, for the feedback and attention.
Unfort, Things just got worse here.
Right now, after trying to pacth again the same connection between Yamaha QL5 and the Dante Virtual soundcard, (that was partially OK last Friday) I´ve got another two different error messages, as described on the screen prints attached on this message.

1) "The selected audio device could not be initializes, please follow another device"

2) AAE error -6117 was encountered

I´ve tried to hit the "n" key several times on launch, in wish to select another audio device (just to get pro-tools-first running anyway, with its default card).
But now, Pro-Tools-First just does not open at all, neither with dante controller or with the defauld card.

You are thrashing around and wasting time.

You do not press N several times, you just hold the key down while Starting Pro Tools until the Playback Engine dialog appears. Are you on macOS? by "default card" do you mean "Built-In Output?". You should select that (or its equivalent name on later macs... with zero info about your system who knows what you will actually have as playback engine options)... those interface devices must have outputs for Pro Tools to run.

If you want more help here for errors start at the "help us help you" link up the top of every DUC web page and provide the expected info, starting with computer config and exact OS version and exact Pro Tools version.

And see the basic troubleshooting steps under that help us help you link, start by trashing prefs (by hand since the standard PT Prefs utility we all use does not support First).

What you really should be doing is dragging Pro Tools First to the trash and installing a free trial of Pro Tools Ultimate. And just to be clear DUC is not the place to get pre-sales support from Avid, again why folks here are pushing you to contact a dealer. I just have no idea who to recommend in Brazil.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-30-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Dante Controller and "Pro-Tools-First" Issue

Thank you all guys, again, for the all the attention and the helpful tips.
I´m surely downloading the Pro-Tools-Ultimate, will give it a try.
Hope it will work out for my presentation, I´ll keep you informed.

Thanks a lot again, to all of You.
Kind Regards;

Marco (The neverknow)