Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2002, 03:17 AM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Come on keep it together, keep unity get Mixerman & Rail in the same room dont let anyone 'shy away' now because of test condition bickering... Hold a steady course..
[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
www.gearslutz.com
Old 05-23-2002, 07:54 AM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Mixerman cannot make it Saturday and weekends in general. I'm awaiting his response on whether he can arrive with everything ready for him at 9pm sharp Friday night since we finally have a non-bumpable commitment from Sound City in Van Nuys.

I have offered to handle teardown so he can leave as soon as he's done. Hopefully he can do his part in 60-90 minutes and we can be finished with the debate one way or another.

DC
Old 05-23-2002, 08:16 AM

OT: Lifted and stolen from another board...

3 engineers were on a flight from NY to LA. During the flight, talk turned to recording. Two of the guys were very pro PT. One was not. During the debate of PT vs analog, the analog fan got up to go to the restroom. The 2 PT engineers decided to teach the other guy a lesson. While he was gone, the 2 guys put pretzels in the shoes he had left under his seat. After a bit, he returned with drinks for everyone. Near the end of the flight, he discovered the trickery. Just before touchdown he remarked, "Allright, I love analog, you guys love PT, why can't we just get along and stop all this snacks in shoes and pissing in drinks?"

Heheh... exactly!!
Old 05-23-2002, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCarlock:
Mixerman cannot make it Saturday and weekends in general. I'm awaiting his response on whether he can arrive with everything ready for him at 9pm sharp Friday night since we finally have a non-bumpable commitment from Sound City in Van Nuys.

I have offered to handle teardown so he can leave as soon as he's done. Hopefully he can do his part in 60-90 minutes and we can be finished with the debate one way or another.

DC
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 05-23-2002, 11:45 AM

Quote:

DC
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">FWIW, Friday night is great for me. We can watch the end of the game while setting up.

-Rick
Old 05-23-2002, 02:27 PM

Quote:
What do you mean "all tracks?" You can send any pair out the AES out of a RADAR 24 (don't know about RADAR IIs). I do it all the time. If you are wanting to sum tracks through the AES outs (why would you want to?), then you're out of luck.

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio

That's the idea and I am out of luck with the RADAR. The plan was to put the tracks with various mixes (6-8 tracks)in input and take the mix we wanted to listen back to out of input. All tracks would be set out a pair of outputs and allow all the mixes to come out the same device, same outputs, same cables, same converters. Instead of DATs or CDs which would require a playback machine for each mix and a switch box pre converter.

Any one else have a device that will do this? I was told the MX-2424 will do it.

DC
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And why is it that selecting the track outputs to AES on the RADAR won't work? Certainly, you'll have to change either the output cable connection or the source if you are listening back through a stereo DAC. I don't understand how switching the outputs in a prefs page would be too difficult. But do what works for you.

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio
Old 05-23-2002, 03:41 PM

<<And why is it that selecting the track outputs to AES on the RADAR won't work? Certainly, you'll have to change either the output cable connection or the source if you are listening back through a stereo DAC. >>

I'm trying to find a solution with instantaneous switching of the mixes and the capability of continuous audio to give a more focused listening test. I can achieve this by putting tracks in and out of input. In other words-all the advantage of a multi source switcher box, yet having all mixes in one playback unit to eliminate variables in the test.

That's the goal. Any ideas?

(Obviously, MM has ruled out printing to anything but RADAR, or CD for his test. So if he can make it Friday night, it will most likely be CD. At this point, we would like him to show up. The MX-2424 is not important enough to blow his involvement.

But for other testing we may do, I'm still looking for another multitrack that might be "better" than an MX-2424.

DC
Old 05-23-2002, 06:35 PM

"When the mooooon is in the Seventh Houuuuuse...

And Jooopiter aligns wiiiiith Marrrrrs"

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

RP
Old 05-23-2002, 07:24 PM

And peeeeace will guide our plaanet

And lu-uve will rule the stars!!

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius

Age Of Aquarius!!!

Aquarius!!! (horns!!)

take the high note Mixerman!

Old 05-23-2002, 10:47 PM

Quote:

take the high note Mixerman!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Unless it's being mixed down to an MX-2424 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

RP