Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-18-2014, 03:39 AM

Default Re: EuControl breaks ReWire

HI djmichaelwenz,

this thread is about Logic X and Ableton and that through the eucon protocoll it's not possible to use both programs with rewire. Only after deinstalling eucon. Logic X works flawlessly as master with Ableton.
There are no problems with Pro Tools and Ableton in rewire mode. It's just a shame that I cannot use my artist mix with logic x because of that issue.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:47 AM

Hi,
just popped back in here to see if anything has changed.
for anyone else wondering - I have tested units with 64/64 and 32/32
and rewire is still broken by eucon. I have posted before which avid file breaks rewire. Avid knows it does break rewire, although not publicly on this forum.
Now tested on 64 different macs, although they are all imaged off the same software image. No hardware involved (gave them away) - tested with software only.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 AM

Hi Herbieoz,

Just did an installation for the 3.1.3 software and it seems to be fixed! I'm now afraid to reboot my Mac! lol!

I haven't yet been able to control Reason using the Mackie Control Protocol but at the very least Eucon doesn't interfere with operations between Logic X and Reason.

Which probably means, for a lot of users they can now 'turn on' their control surfaces. For a lot of folks it will be a whole new unboxing! rofl

Well done Avid. You've addressed the issue it seems. I know it'll be another year but we're looking forward to actually being able to control Reason.

See you guys next summer