How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 06-25-2019, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Reverb help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
The reverb aux can also have its own eq. Reducing the low end and some top end energy either before or after the reverb can help keep the mix from getting messy, muddy, unclear that kinda thing
Thanks for the tip I have a session I’m currently working where the reverb isn’t working right or how I would and have been looking for ideas to clean it up a bit... plus the idea around pre-delay mentioned earlier.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-26-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
It get easier the more you do it.... I used to have a really hard time putting together drum tracks in say Xpanda and would spend a heap of time just getting it right. Now I can get it going in a just a few minutes.

Same with FX sends through an AUX was a lil confusing at first but keep playing and you’ll soon get it going. Avid have some pretty basic vid’s in the support section that go over all the above also create a song from scratch covering the same subjects well worth going over and relate directly to PT
Thanks. Drums I have also found really difficult and its something else I need to master. Ive just been picking free downloads off the internet and importing them then editing them where I can but its not ideal. If I am doing a cover its not so bad as you can often find the isolated drums but I really need to be creating full drum tracks but havent got a clue really.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:25 PM

sometimes I just tap it out in Garage Band and import, sometimes if I like a particular drum sequence in a song I import the song and plot the drum sequence in a side by side track using Xpanda. when I start from scratch I usually start with laying out the kick then snare then H-Hat and so forth. sometime I can play it live on my midi trigger keyboard. And yup there are heaps of drum loops free online you can import.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-26-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
sometimes I just tap it out in Garage Band and import, sometimes if I like a particular drum sequence in a song I import the song and plot the drum sequence in a side by side track using Xpanda. when I start from scratch I usually start with laying out the kick then snare then H-Hat and so forth. sometime I can play it live on my midi trigger keyboard. And yup there are heaps of drum loops free online you can import.
Thanks. Ive used a few of the loops in Pro tools first and added a few bits and pieces manually. Are you saying their are drum loops for Pro Tools you can import? The ones I get are just drum track MP3s that I import but they are difficult to edit of course.

Its just another one to conquer on the "journey". It would be great though to master it.