Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Apulsoft apTrigga2 for replacing drum sounds

Just thought I'd pass this little plugin along to someone like me who didn't know about it earlier.

It's sort of a Sound Replacer for drums, except it's a VST insert plugin. Works similar to Sound Replacer in that you choose the sample(s) you want to trigger, but it triggers it in realtime. The most useful thing, for me anyway, is it's ability to easily "pull" seperate parts from a recorded whole kit in realtime. It features a built-in EQ section so you can dial in just the frequencies you want triggered. I was able to "extract" a snare and kick quickly and easily, and was even able to grab the high hat part. I had a little trouble differentiating between the high hat and tambourine, but this was after about 10 minutes of my user experience. For separate drum tracks it should be as easy as falling off a log.

I was setting it up by assigning the effected stereo track output to a bus. Create a new track and assign the input to the same bus, then record it. Playing back the recorded triggered sample and the original loop together, couldn't hear any latency or flamming. I actually didn't look at how much latency was being reported, but it can't be much. So far it's pretty cool.

Anyhow, it was all of $49 and you'll need the FXpansion VST2RTAS adapter.

http://www.apulsoft.ch/aptrigga/index.php

It looks like it's been available on the Mac for a while and released for the PC fairly recently.

And yes, I'll probably still get the TL Drum Rehab thing, but I think this less-than-$50 plug will still prove itself useful.

http://www.badrap.org