Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-16-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Fade won\'t relink

I have a session where it can't find 2 audio files. I then, choose manually find and relink. When the Relink window comes up, the 2 files are fade files. How do I get them out of the session. I tried to save a copy of the session and got an assertion error. I hope there is a simple way around this.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Fade won\'t relink

Choose to skip the missing files (which are fade files in your case) and recreate missing fades (which will essentially do what relink would have done).

If that isn't the solution to your problem, then I'll need more specifics.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Fade won\'t relink

Thanks for the response. I tried that, but it didn't help because in the relink window its looking for Audio Files not Fades.

I finally figured out what to do though. In the fade folder the missing fade files existed, but they were tagged .wav. (All of our audio files are wav) I ended up importing the 2 fade files into the session and then deleting them from the drive. Double green lights after that and all was good, but 2 hours wasted.