How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2015, 07:09 AM

Default TL Space TDM?

Hi there.

I have a Pro Tools Duet with Pro Tools 12. I'm looking at TL Space as the free tier 3 plugin but it says TL Space TDM. Will this work with my set-up?

Cheers.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:32 AM

Default Re: TL Space TDM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by max barker View Post
Hi there.

I have a Pro Tools Duet with Pro Tools 12. I'm looking at TL Space as the free tier 3 plugin but it says TL Space TDM. Will this work with my set-up?

Cheers.
As long as it supports AAX, all TDM versions give you RTAS as well as TDM. Big they have an AAX version then you'll get that too.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 07-06-2015, 03:07 PM

The new version of TL Space that is AAX and thus works in PT11 and PT12 has been renamed and rebranded .... its just called 'Space' now, and its an Avid plugin.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 07-06-2015, 03:21 PM

Space works in AAX just fine, but bear in mind that it is still not true stereo - it sums the source to mono before applying the convolution. For this reason I have been using Revibe lately (as it's also AAX-DSP), I find Revibe works much better for me for most purposes.

Of course Space uses convolution and Revibe is algorithmic so they sound a bit different. Space sounds good, but not being true stereo is a drawback. Revive just sounds good. There are also plenty of other good 3rd party reverbs out there such as Reverberate, Altiverb, Aether, Phoenixverb etc.

Creative Director - Red Note Visionary Sounds: http://rednote.com.au
Label: http://www.stereomissile.com/
Music Production / Mixing: http://www.stereomissile.com/musicproducer/
Mastering: http://www.stereomissile.com/mastering/
Old 07-07-2015, 06:03 AM

Thanks, chaps…

That's a shame about it not being true stereo. I read somewhere that they had fixed this so I downloaded the Space plugin only to find out on here that it isn't true stereo…

Does that mean it's unsuitable to use as a send effect? This would be a bit rubbish as I use reverb just as a send effect about 90% of the time.

Could someone explain to me the implications of Space not being true stereo?

I hope they come up with a fix for this…

Many thanks.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:38 PM

Not sure about the AAX version but my TDM version takes a pretty good hit to the cards DSP compared to the other plugins.....moon
Old 07-07-2015, 02:37 PM

I've just been messing about with Space and this non-stereo thing renders it pretty much useless! What is the point in not having it true stereo? So when I pan stuff left/right the reverb just stays in the middle…!

Same goes for Reverb One.

Great, so that's a choice of two free plugins wasted. I suppose I've only got myself to blame though for not researching the products well enough.

I've just checked whether I can transfer the licenses for these plugs so I could sell them on but it looks like I can't. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.