Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-14-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Hidden feature?

If I hold down <Control Option Command> when selecting "Bounce to Quicktime", I get a menu that allows me to change the output Quicktime movie type. This rocks! I can convert my movie outputs to H.264 for review.

Wicked!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Hidden feature?

Thank you very much for posting the tip! I readily accepted that you couldn't change the QT type. This is great news.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:55 AM

Forgot to mention this is in 7.2. No idea if this is in earlier versions of PT or not, since I just stumbled across it yesterday.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:09 AM

Great option!

MassiveMusic

SOS article
Old 09-15-2006, 08:13 AM

This is a new feature in 7.2 that's documented in the "What's new in 7.2" pdf. I don't think you need to hold any modifier keys down when you select it to get the options. (I don't) This is a great new feature for sending approvals to clients. Two things I wish they would add/fix though:

1- The option to save output settings as presets (including codecs, settings, and resolution)

2- The size settings aren't remembered. Even from bounce to bounce. This is a major pain as you need to remember to keep resetting the video size on each bounce.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:17 AM

Quote:
This is a new feature in 7.2 that's documented in the "What's new in 7.2" pdf. I don't think you need to hold any modifier keys down when you select it to get the options. (I don't) This is a great new feature for sending approvals to clients. Two things I wish they would add/fix though:

Interesting. If I don't hold down all 3 modofiers, I get the same old dialog box as always, just the audio.

Quote:

2- The size settings aren't remembered. Even from bounce to bounce. This is a major pain as you need to remember to keep resetting the video size on each bounce.
Maybe it's because I was using "Current Size", but it did remember that for numerous bounce yesterday as well as codec type & audio formatting.