Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Default Deleting markers + scroll play back

I hit the enter key on my keyboard which created a marker, do not know how to delete it. Also since this happened my scroll bar does not scroll.

I'm using Pro Tools 8 , please help

peace
Old 07-22-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Deleting markers + scroll play back

I found out it's a selection marker that was created , how can I delete it so I can get the scroll bar moving.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:24 PM

Open up the memory locations window, select the marker youwish to remove, hilight it, cllick on the top menu (if memory serves), and select delete.

You may be able to right-click on it and select delete but I use PC and I'm not too sure how Mac works.

A good idea would be for you to read about memory markers in your reference manual. They can be handy.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 PM

I deleted the markers, but there is this like orange/yellow line with two dots on the side on the top of the pro tools session that is the selection marker & I do not know how to delete it.

Basically I want to click anywhere in my session & have the scroller follow it, since this yellow thing is on top it does not work

driving me crazy!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 PM

So NO ONE in the world knows? Here's an included pic
Attached Images
File Type: png 11ierkn.png (10.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 PM

Don't know what that is. Next time, just go to the ,marker you wish to delete, grab it with the mouse and drag it up toward the top of the screen. It will be gone.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-21-2009, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J FRANK View Post
I hit the enter key on my keyboard which created a marker, do not know how to delete it. Also since this happened my scroll bar does not scroll.

I'm using Pro Tools 8 , please help

peace
One other way to delete lots quickly...in the memory locations window if you hold alt the pencil with rubber cursor appears, then you can quickly click through the markers you would like to delete!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J FRANK View Post
" Link Timeline & Edit Selection" Figured it out. Basically it's the tool under the "hands" option it was not highlighted.

With this highlighted where ever you click on your session your timeline will follow.

It only took me a whole day

But I hope in the future some poor bastard will find this post through google & it will help him, so to any future people I got you

It was only 5 minutes of frustration and a quick search through the manual before I googled the problem, so thanks for posting.

It is unbelievable that searching through the entire user's manual for "timeline selection marker" yields no results.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:20 AM

I also have Pro Tools 8 LE and the BLUE Play Start Marker is giving me a problem. I love to loop playback while I automate but while to song is playing in the selected area I select a small area inside of the loop and the loop stops and loops the new selected part.

EDIT!!!

Under Options on the PC "Dynamic Transport" was checked, I unchecked. You can also use control start P to turn off. All is well.

Thanks anyhow!