Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 PM

Smile Yeah I've had Protool 8 for quite sometime now, and have discovered a little treat.

First and foremost, what I finally learned to do today with EQ automation was sooo coool. See I have David Gilmour EMG's installed on my 30th Anniversary strat. And man they sound so heavy and full when you properly adjust the EXG and SPC knobs. The D and G string at the 12 fret have an unbelievable amount of bell like metallic energy, that it's begging me to record it. So as things go, I did indeed have a nice slow solo that I wanted to try out on my spider iii twin amp. I was using one of the presets that sparked my creativity, and so commenced recording the ending 8 bar solo. Things sounded good to me after several tries, and so I kept the last take.
So I played back the solo through the warfedales. Several times again, now hearing some very loud ear piercing overtones around 2.4 kHz. At this point I was unaware of drawing in EQ changes. So I would hunt around for these annoying bastarts and yank the $h:! Out of them! Well as we know, doing that for the whole solo really made it suck El Big time. So for you all poor folks struggling with ADD, present party included; Ill wrap this up. I figured out how to write in a reduction of gain, adjust freq and whatever else, JUST to that screechy note. The whole experience was kick ass and listening to it like I did with the wife tonight, really puts a huge freakin grin on my face. So yes I am a noob here just bragging that I made it over another giant obstacle of learning more about this amazing monster we call Pro tools. Yes I will agree this post was entirely too cheesy, sorry but I can't wait to play in the studio again tomorrow. For the past two yrs all I thought I could do were volume, pan, mute. Blah blah blah. Oh no! Cheers folks!

Pro tools 8.0.1 mbox2
MacBook Pro 10.5.8 2.4ghz 4gigs
Lacie xhd 1 TB FireWire 800
M-Audio Oxygen 49 v
Roland TD-4 drum set
Behringer board running into the Mbox2
Old 04-06-2010, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Yeah I've had Protool 8 for quite sometime now, and have discovered a little trea

Congratulations! :)

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Yeah I've had Protool 8 for quite sometime now, and have discovered a little trea

I love the enthusiasm, reminds me of me, keep it up.