Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2017, 10:51 AM

Default Seeking Octaver (and plugin bundle recommendations)

I'm trying to find a good octaver plugin, ideally a free one, for my PT 12.5 on iMac.
Did some Googling and searched the DUC a bit, but didn't turn up anything. Before I keep digging too deep, I wondered if anyone has found a really good octaver (not pitch down, but add octave) I can download.
Also, would love to find a good plugin bundle that's free or inexpensive. If something has struck you as a great bargain for the plugins you get, let me know.
Thanks and happy new year!
Old 12-26-2017, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Seeking Octaver (and plugin bundle recommendations)

Here's an idea for you:
https://youtu.be/ZrMDk54d5yg
If you ever got the Soundtoys freebies Little AlterBoy is what I use
https://youtu.be/6UOIKw_z1ic
Old 12-26-2017, 01:16 PM

Have you tried the Pitch plug-in? It defaults to 100% wet but you could turn the Mix down to pass more of the dry signal.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:25 PM

Thanks! I checked out some of Soundtoys stuff, but didn't see a straight Octaver, like the Boss OC-2, but a plugin.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSound View Post
I'm trying to find a good octaver plugin, ideally a free one, for my PT 12.5 on iMac.
If you have Pro Tools 10 co-installed and (32-bit) BlueCat PatchWork, or similar, you could download the free VST-32:
Octaver OC-D2 by Chris Hooker from
http://www.christopherhooker.com/plug-ins.htm

http://www.christopherhooker.com/ima...%20preview.jpg

Features

Controls to all the typically fixed values for low-pass filters - both on oscillator outputs (changes tone from full square wave to pure sine, or anywhere in between) as well as on the detection circuit (which can fine-tune the accuracy of the octave-divider's tracking).

Option for two modes of operation: additive oscillators or phase-multiplier.
The additive mode simply mixes in the octave down signals (via user-adjustable levels and wet/dry balance), whereas the phase-multiplier mode flips the phase of the key signal, following the state of the selected oscillator.

In additive mode, dynamics for the oscillators can be controlled either by a noise gate or an envelope follower, both keyed off the input signal. In phase-multiplier mode, the full dynamics of the key signal are retained.

A DC-offset switch corrects the input signal to improve tracking on rectified or offset signals.

A scope displays both the key signal and the output signal, so the user can see how the plug-in is operating, and help identify what controls need to be adjusted in order to track more accurately or produce the intended sound. Includes a "Scope Tuning" control to affect the zoom ratio.

"Listen" radio buttons allow the user to tap the audio at any stage to hear what's happening behind the scenes, and bypass certain sections if desired.

Many users of the Boss OC-2 pedal seek to add a hardware modification that disables the output filter and dynamics sections in order to produce a more synth-like tone. This plug-in has the capability to easily reproduce this mod, by adjusting only a few parameters.

Included are some presets that run through the capabilities of the plug-in.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 01-04-2018, 02:53 PM

The plug n mix bundle has one. Can't remember what it's like but I've never seen one that sounds like the OC-2. Their individual plus are super-cheap but the whole bundle is worth it.

Will check that free VST. (DDMF Metaplugin hosts vsts and 32-bit as well.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1