Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 AM

Default problems with PT10 after reinstall

Hi! I uninstalled my PT10 in order to use PT11 but learned my computer isn't supported (I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8). So I tried reinstalling PT10. But now it looks different when I press "alt" + "N" when starting up. Before I would always see digi002 as an option, but now it says avid 002, which isn't a problem but I have to restart my 002 every time I wanna start PT10 in order for it (002) to show up in that menu.. And then my I/O seems to be messed up. In the I/O menu I can see 18 outputs and 18inputs when I press "default", but I think it was only 8 before(?), not sure though. Not sure what to do now
Checking the "overwrite" box in the I/O seems to help. Should I have that box checked always..?

I tried installing new drivers for the 002 but didn't help.. I still need to restart the 002 every time. Should I install different drivers?

The PT version I have now is 10.3.6.

Also, every time I start PT10 I get this dialog about waves plugins, and I check the "don't show this again" but it still shows up every time. THat was never the case before uninstalling + reinstalling pro tools.

Any help is appreciated :)

Tanks//Magnus
Old 08-08-2013, 06:45 AM

Default Re: problems with PT10 after reinstall

Restore the backup image you did before your attempted PT11 mission. IF you don't have one, take this as a valuable lesson to ALWAYS do a backup image of a working system before you mess with it.

Cheers
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 08-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Thanks for your reply :) I learned that lesson now and I don't have a backup. I also realized busses aren't working in this session I'm working with now (but they did in another). Also, I have to press "alt"+ "N" every time I start pro tools if I want to use my digi002 and not the core audio. THis wasn't the case before...

So I learned my lesson but still have no idea how to get things working... Is it possible to see in my sessions which version of PT and drivers that have been in use...? Anyways it worked perfectly before and now lots of things don't :/

Any help is appreciated. THanks
Old 08-08-2013, 02:19 PM

I actually found a time machine backup from two months back and tried to "restore" the avid folder from that backup after uninstalling pro tools, but after restoring the avid folder PT10 wouldn't start up... Maybe there's a way to fix this? :)
Old 08-09-2013, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnusn View Post
I actually found a time machine backup from two months back and tried to "restore" the avid folder from that backup after uninstalling pro tools, but after restoring the avid folder PT10 wouldn't start up... Maybe there's a way to fix this? :)
Completely uninstall any version of Pro Tools you have, along with the 002 drivers. And by that I mean go in manually and drag to trash everything PT/Avid related, not just from the Applications folders but preference folders, plugin folders, etc. Empty the trash. Repair permissions. Reboot computer. Reinstall PT.

Another thought: do you have your iLok plugged in and have the drivers for it installed? Along with the license asset for PT10?

QAPLA!