Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2021, 11:44 AM

Default Re: PT Crashes, sometimes won't even open ...

Thanks for your help .... I moved all of the plug ins to the unused folder ... on the seventh attempt I managed to open a new session, I created an audio track and dragged a audio file into it ... and it crashed straightaway ...

There must be another solution to this, I haven't changed anything since yesterday when it was all working perfectly ...

Any other ideas would be very welcome ...
Old 03-24-2021, 12:03 PM

Well if it worked yesterday and crashes today, someting has changed. Beside the obvious (OS/PT compatibility and plugins) you are the only one who can figure it out.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:09 PM

If I could figure it out, I would have done so over the last four and half hours ...

I haven't changed anything with PT or the mac, and no one else uses it ... if the OS and PT were incompatible then they wouldn't have worked together for the past year and a half ....

Even if I upgrade PT 12 to a more current version there's no guarantee it will work ... it would be nice if someone from Avid could help with this ... all I want is for the thing to work as it did yesterday, surely that's not too much to ask?
Old 03-24-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjl View Post
Even if I upgrade PT 12 to a more current version there's no guarantee it will work ... it would be nice if someone from Avid could help with this ...
If you do not update to supported OS/PT combination all that Avid support guy will say is "you need to update to supported software combination".

I guarantee you have better chance to have a working system if you follow avid compatibility guidelines than if you go rogue and try if it works or not.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:32 PM

The point is that it was all working fine ... up to today!

I've always been able to drag files into a session from the desktop, that's what seems to have started the problem ...

... so am I the only person to have experienced this?
Old 03-24-2021, 12:34 PM

And to repeat myself, something has changed lately because the behaviour of your software has suddenly changed.

It may be some trivial software update or even installing some software that does not seem to be linked to PT at all, or it may be too little empty space on your system drive or that you have not rebooted your computer in a month. Only you know what has changed, but as you said something has changed.

If you have not updated PT or plugins, then it is something else my dear Watson.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:06 PM

OK, thanks for your help ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk