Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 AM

Default Avid Support ExpertPlus contract.....wheres the support?...

Avid support seem to be staffed by message takers.....Rang for support at 10am - its 5.07pm and nothing back as yet.........I thought the point of paying for a Support Plus HD contract meant you actually got a priority response......Blackmagic Design do this more effectively for free....Come on Avid....you must be better than this
Old 06-12-2018, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Avid Support ExpertPlus contract.....wheres the support?...

The same for me. I had a problem with an old HD system and after three e-mails the support team told me they have no clue and that this is legacy hard- and software...
I guess many problems stay unsolved if they behave this way with every client.
I was disappointed.

Best

Mark
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 AM

To be fair to Avid Mark, legacy does mean "no longer supported" .....
Old 06-12-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT user View Post
To be fair to Avid Mark, legacy does mean "no longer supported" .....
To be fair to everyone else, I have been using Pro Tools since around 2000, and I have never had to deal with a company with as terrible customer support as Digidesign/Avid.

Does a company with worst support exist? Probably. But I haven't seen it.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT user View Post
Avid support seem to be staffed by message takers.....Rang for support at 10am - its 5.07pm and nothing back as yet.........I thought the point of paying for a Support Plus HD contract meant you actually got a priority response......Blackmagic Design do this more effectively for free....Come on Avid....you must be better than this
Sorry that we dropped the ball here. One of our moderators escalated this and I believe a support rep is working on your clocking issue.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
The same for me. I had a problem with an old HD system and after three e-mails the support team told me they have no clue and that this is legacy hard- and software...
I guess many problems stay unsolved if they behave this way with every client.
I was disappointed.

Best

Mark
Most recent case showed that the logs you submitted didn't contain anything definitive, so the support rep provided some troubleshooting steps for your Pro Tools HD 10 system. Did those steps not help isolate the problem?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglesworth View Post
To be fair to everyone else, I have been using Pro Tools since around 2000, and I have never had to deal with a company with as terrible customer support as Digidesign/Avid.

Does a company with worst support exist? Probably. But I haven't seen it.
A couple recent cases of yours showed crashing and playback dropouts that were fixed by upgrading to 12.7.1. Guessing there have been more interactions than this based on your comments so please let us know if you are willing to discuss further. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 AM

Hey jeffro,
thanks for your reply but I can see no "special" advice to solve my problem. But even the "standard" procedure with DigiTest and the card in/out and reseating game didn't help. I post the answer I was sent regarding my kernel panic problem:

"First of all, Kernel panic is hardware related (though can be caused by driver issues). The logs show nothing relevant and they just stop. First thought is that it's a failing HD card.
Please run DigiTest and see if there are any failures indicated.
Secondly, please reseat all HD card / flex cables / DigiLink connectors.
Lastly, when inserting the plug-in is it a TDM (DSP) or RTAS (Native)?
Does it happen with other plugins as well?
If TDM, maybe there's a problem with the DSP chip it's being instantiated on.
You can try blocking DSP chips selectively by clicking them in the System Usage window to force the plugin to load to a different DSP.
Or you could pull out one HD Accel card at a time to see if the error persists. If it does with just the HD Core card installed then maybe it's the core card itself with a problem.
In addition to this troubleshooting, I must say that Pro Tools 10 and HD (TDM) systems are not further supported or serviced, hence any repairs need to be processed through third party service center."

To me this does not sound too inviting to go on with the trouble shooting. As I said it was a disappointing experience to me.

Best

Mark
Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
Hey jeffro,
thanks for your reply but I can see no "special" advice to solve my problem. But even the "standard" procedure with DigiTest and the card in/out and reseating game didn't help...
...To me this does not sound too inviting to go on with the trouble shooting. As I said it was a disappointing experience to me.

Best

Mark
Thanks for the reply Mark, and sorry that the info from CS didn't help. This thread was started for ExpertPlus Support which is for current products. Your case was about HD Hardware that had reached end of support in 2015/2016 though the rep still provided some troubleshooting steps (and never heard back so didn't know it wasn't helpful). I'll escalate your case to CS Management for review.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Thanks for the reply Mark, and sorry that the info from CS didn't help. This thread was started for ExpertPlus Support which is for current products. Your case was about HD Hardware that had reached end of support in 2015/2016 though the rep still provided some troubleshooting steps (and never heard back so didn't know it wasn't helpful). I'll escalate your case to CS Management for review.

Thanks Jeffro,
I didn’t know that the support is limited to actual products. The fact, my actual iLok license includes a PT 10 HD license as well didn’t prove that. But however...
Maybe this fact punctuates my disappointment.

Best

Mark