Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-24-2005, 11:15 AM

Default HELP!! reinstall drivers for Digi interface?!

Hello,

I have a couple gigs later this week and need to use Ableton Live and my Digi interface, but Live gets hung up on "Initializing audio inputs and outputs." It just gets stuck there and I have to force quit. It works fine with my Protools LE 6.4 though.

I have contacted Ableton's tech-support and they believe that my drivers need to be reinstalled? They said, "ProTools can "talk" directly to its own hardware, all other OS X apps need the Digidesign CoreAudio driver. It seems that this one is not installed at the moment."

Please tell me how to do this. I have already tried reinstalling my upgrade CD of PTLE 6.4, but it didn't work.

I currently have a Mac G4 Powerbook, 1.5Ghz processor, 1 Gig RAM, OSX (10.3.9), PTLE 6.4, Live 5.02, and Digi002R (also tried with Mbox).

Thanks!
-Tom
PS- I can't upgrade my PTLE from 6.4 yet for another reason, so any other solution besides upgrading to newer version please!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: HELP!! reinstall drivers for Digi interface?!

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I've looked everywhere for how to reinstall core audio drivers and can't find it. I've even reinstalled PTools from my 6.4 upgrade cd and it did not work! Its like my drivers are not installed??? PLEASE HELP! See below:

Hello,

I have a couple gigs later this week and need to use Ableton Live and my Digi interface, but Live gets hung up on "Initializing audio inputs and outputs." It just gets stuck there and I have to force quit. It works fine with my Protools LE 6.4 though.

I have contacted Ableton's tech-support and they believe that my drivers need to be reinstalled? They said, "ProTools can "talk" directly to its own hardware, all other OS X apps need the Digidesign CoreAudio driver. It seems that this one is not installed at the moment."

Please tell me how to do this. I have already tried reinstalling my upgrade CD of PTLE 6.4, but it didn't work.

I currently have a Mac G4 Powerbook, 1.5Ghz processor, 1 Gig RAM, OSX (10.3.9), PTLE 6.4, Live 5.02, and Digi002R (also tried with Mbox).

Thanks!
-Tom
PS- I can't upgrade my PTLE from 6.4 yet for another reason, so any other solution besides upgrading to newer version please!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default Re: HELP!! reinstall drivers for Digi interface?!

You can try downloading and installing the Digidesign Core Audio Driver v6.5.2 for Mac OS X 10.3, from the Panther section here:
www.digidesign.com/download/coreaudio

The version 6.5.2 download can be found at the bottom of that Panther page:
Quote:
Previous versions for Mac OS X 10.3.x "Panther"

Digidesign CoreAudio Driver v6.5.2 (5.8 MB)
The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver v6.5.2 can also be used with systems with Pro Tools 6.4 or as a standalone driver for Pro Tools|HD, Pro Tools|24 MIX, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, Mbox, and Digi 001 systems without Pro Tools installed.
v6.5.2 was the first mult-client Digidesign CoreAudio Driver
You could try the version 6.9 driver on that same page, but the version 6.5.2 driver was designed for compatibility with Pro Tools 6.4 installed, while v6.9 was not tested with Pro Tools 6.4.

Also, you can use Ableton Live as a Rewire client within Pro Tools. There is a tutorial here:
http://www.digidesign.com/disk/diskflix/
"Live Digidesign Edition and T-RackS EQ"

and another one here:
http://www.ableton.com/index.php?main=tutorials
"Rewiring Live and ... ?"

But if you want to use Live with the Digi hardware without Pro Tools, then you would need to use the Digi Core Audio driver, following the instructions in the CoreAudio Usage Guide.pdf in your Documentation/Drivers folder, or download from the CoreAudio downloads page.