Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 01-06-2018, 06:14 PM

Default Can't access audio interface.

I installed ProTools 12 on my laptop, just checking things out with the laptop sound drivers. I plunged in an Alpha 1 now PT can't find the audio device and won't boot. Internal audio has been disabled.

How do I access the ProTools audio settings if can't log in?

ProTool12 Full, Win 10Pro system, Alpha 1 on usb 3 port.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Can't access audio interface.

Some things for Windows users:
#1- you don't need to disable the on-board sound card, but you DO need to set Sound Properties to use the on-board sound card as the "default playback device"(leaving the interface for Pro Tools use, only).
#2-you MUST have an ASIO driver for the interface. If the Alpha 1 came with a driver disk(or link to a download), install the ASIO driver(and re-check #1 to make sure that setting didn't change).
#3-if the Alpha 1 has no Windows ASIO driver, try installing ASIO4ALL(its a free "universal" ASIO driver that works for many, but should be left as the last resort)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-06-2018, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Can't access audio interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Some things for Windows users:
#1- you don't need to disable the on-board sound card, but you DO need to set Sound Properties to use the on-board sound card as the "default playback device"(leaving the interface for Pro Tools use, only).
#2-you MUST have an ASIO driver for the interface. If the Alpha 1 came with a driver disk(or link to a download), install the ASIO driver(and re-check #1 to make sure that setting didn't change).
#3-if the Alpha 1 has no Windows ASIO driver, try installing ASIO4ALL(its a free "universal" ASIO driver that works for many, but should be left as the last resort)
Thanks for the info. yea, it was me. I didn't even have the drivers installed on this computer. lol Though it worked with the other DAWs I'm testing. ASIO worked fine without the drivers installed. crazy! man crazy! its working now. :)