How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 04-04-2020, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Sample Rounding Issue!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innesireinar View Post
They never will. Because we are only few users that can"t live with this bug. And I am really surprised how other users can
We we gave up on working in PT for midi so other users like us use other DAW which run circles around PT for festures and Midi. Mix and tracking in PT but production work Ableton Live10Suite and LogicX.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 04-04-2020, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We we gave up on working in PT for midi so other users like us use other DAW which run circles around PT for festures and Midi. Mix and tracking in PT but production work Ableton Live10Suite and LogicX.
Up to pt11 midi was pretty fine, at least was unaffected from this bug. Until last year I switched back and forth between pt11 (on a yosetime part) and the last pt vs on a HS part. Now some swhouses have dropped yosemite support (like NI) then it has become hard.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I hear that Southsidemusic but switching between DAWs is a real pain for me as at times I want to make changes to the production & I have go back and forth between them.....not ideal or creative friendly at all.
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions
Old 04-06-2020, 12:02 AM

Well it looks like midi notes are still getting shifted for one reason or another
The workaround helps a bit but things are still getting altered when I'm working on a session. Painstaking indeed.

Last edited by take77; 04-07-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
I tried to live with it and work around. But after years of Avid sticking its head in the sand, I switched to Logic for composition and largest part of production.

So that's how others do it!
Yes that's the Industry standard LOL! You have to use ANOTHER Daw instead of the "Industry Standard".....

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
They never will. Because we are only few users that can"t live with this bug. And I am really surprised how other users can
Thats not true. I work in several studios around the country and with plenty of musicians that have Protools and its a well known frustrating work flow stopper.

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
Hello,

I don't do drugs but am I hallucinating? Did Avid just fix the issue with audio clips??

I have been testing the new 2020.3 update and have done numerous test with audio and tempos changes and all the audio clips are lining up on the grid perfectly.

At first I did my tests with the new Folders and thought it was the reason my audio was being copied and pasted perfect. Then I decided to try the test without any folders and to my surprise, all audio clips are still aligned perfectly to the grid at different tempos when copying,pasting and duplicating...big smile over here.

Can someone on 2020.3 check it out and do some testing to see if you get the same result.

One thing I can unfortunately confirm is that midi notes are still being shifted with and without folders when copying and pasting.
Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. Audio is still affected and Midi has gotten worse.

The good news is that I have been fully testing both Audio/Midi and have found some interesting reproducible approaches that you should and shouldn't do to help until Avid fixes this major issue.

I will contact Avid support again and this time screen share my discoveries to help speed this fix up.

Also, I would be willing to work with anyone here over a phone call to see if we can reproduce the same results instantly. PM me if interested.

I will report back!
Apogee Symphony IO mkii
Old 04-08-2020, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evermore View Post
Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. Audio is still affected and Midi has gotten worse.

The good news is that I have been fully testing both Audio/Midi and have found some interesting reproducible approaches that you should and shouldn't do to help until Avid fixes this major issue.

I will contact Avid support again and this time screen share my discoveries to help speed this fix up.

Also, I would be willing to work with anyone here over a phone call to see if we can reproduce the same results instantly. PM me if interested.

I will report back!
A couple of years ago, during the 2018.xxx era, I spent some days with Avid tech support sending them many sessions, some created with the 2018, some with pt11 at many different tempo and SR. They also stated that on the 2018 the bug was there while on pt11 not. I'm talking about midi stuff, especially when move/copy clips by alt-drag. We found that the only condition where this bug didn't happen was on a session at 48KHz 125bpm where every tick matched to a integer sample. They told me that they would have passed this to the tech staff. Nothing happened and after 2 years this bug is still here. I hope you will have better luck (for you and for all of us). It would be great to share this with you (and other). I can send you the same sessions that I sent them in the past (that I still have). But for this test you need also pt11 installed.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSS View Post
Thats not true. I work in several studios around the country and with plenty of musicians that have Protools and its a well known frustrating work flow stopper.
I also work with many other PT user everyday (unfortunately today only without physical contact) and found them focused especially on AAE errors and other issues. And by viewing this threads you can see that only few of us (duc registered) are posting here.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
A couple of years ago, during the 2018.xxx era, I spent some days with Avid tech support sending them many sessions, some created with the 2018, some with pt11 at many different tempo and SR. They also stated that on the 2018 the bug was there while on pt11 not. I'm talking about midi stuff, especially when move/copy clips by alt-drag. We found that the only condition where this bug didn't happen was on a session at 48KHz 125bpm where every tick matched to a integer sample. They told me that they would have passed this to the tech staff. Nothing happened and after 2 years this bug is still here. I hope you will have better luck (for you and for all of us). It would be great to share this with you (and other). I can send you the same sessions that I sent them in the past (that I still have). But for this test you need also pt11 installed.
Great work innesireinar, that is really good to get that definitive analysis on this bug. Avid have really been ignoring this!

And it will be to their detriment.
iMac 27" Late 2013 3.5Ghz i7 32GB Ram 3TB HDD, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Movaje 10.14.6, Pro tools 2021.7, 2021.3 & 2020.12 installed. UAD Apollo 8 Quad & Satellite Quad, Reason 10.4.1 & Reason Suite 11.3.9, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (need to upgrade to Catalina for LPX10.6), plugins & VI's by practically everyone. G-Tech Mini 1TB HDD, 3 x 1TB Glyph GT050Q, Lacie Rugged 500GB & several assorted drives.....lots & lots of hardware synths & outboard

https://soundcloud.com/2b3productions