How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2017, 01:49 AM

Default Renewed Upgrade Plan but no sign of it anywhere

Hi all:
I finally decided to renew my PT perpetual licence a week ago, which was within the grace period. I have an order confirmation from Arvato(?) and a receipt for payment made. BUT my iLok account shows nothing. I have last year's perpetual bundle showing up but that's expired now.

Even more confusing, when I log onto my Avid account it says my annual upgrade plan has expired against the original asset (I got PT when I bought an Apogee interface), yet I have another asset "Upgrade plan for Pro Tools" which says that it is active although that expires today, which is one month after the plan was due to expire. I renewed my perpetual upgrade plan for 12 months, not one month.

If anyone is able to make any sense out of this then I'd like to know... also if any other manufacturer could come up with anything more arcane then I'd like to hear about that too, because this is crazy!
FaceBook
MySpace
Old 10-15-2017, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Renewed subscription but no sign of it anywhere

Same exact situation here. I even got an email (no reply) saying ''Your Pro Tools Plug-in & Support Plan Has Expired''
As it to not obvious, what would be the best way to contact sales to fix this?
Old 10-15-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
Hi all:
I finally decided to renew my PT perpetual licence a week ago, which was within the grace period. I have an order confirmation from Arvato(?) and a receipt for payment made. BUT my iLok account shows nothing. I have last year's perpetual bundle showing up but that's expired now.

Even more confusing, when I log onto my Avid account it says my annual upgrade plan has expired against the original asset (I got PT when I bought an Apogee interface), yet I have another asset "Upgrade plan for Pro Tools" which says that it is active although that expires today...
Started the support case for you to get this sorted out.

To clarify a bit... you have an Upgrade Plan (which includes a perpetual license) not a Subscription (which includes a temp license).

You also have the newer Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) in your iLok account which adds support for Pro Tools 12.6/higher. That was deposited back in Sept 2016 and will require surrender of your Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 when you activate it to your iLok.

The subscription license you might be referring to is the Pro Tools Plan which just authorizes the bonus Space plug-in. If you didn't renew the Plug-ins and Support Plan then that license would expire. This doesn't affect your Upgrade Plan or which version of Pro Tools you can run.

Thanks for renewing and please expect to see a case notice email soon.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeButte View Post
Same exact situation here. I even got an email (no reply) saying ''Your Pro Tools Plug-in & Support Plan Has Expired''
As it to not obvious, what would be the best way to contact sales to fix this?
Thanks for renewing.

Your Avid account shows your Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan valid through Sep 05, 2018, and your iLok account shows your Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) has a Release Limit date of 9/5/2018 (Show Details on the license bundle in iLok License Manager). So your product and license all look correct.

Doesn't look like you renewed the Plug-ins and Support Plan, so your Pro Tools Plan license (which authorizes the bonus Space plug-in) would expire.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Started the support case for you to get this sorted out.

To clarify a bit... you have an Upgrade Plan (which includes a perpetual license) not a Subscription (which includes a temp license).

You also have the newer Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) in your iLok account which adds support for Pro Tools 12.6/higher. That was deposited back in Sept 2016 and will require surrender of your Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 when you activate it to your iLok.

The subscription license you might be referring to is the Pro Tools Plan which just authorizes the bonus Space plug-in. If you didn't renew the Plug-ins and Support Plan then that license would expire. This doesn't affect your Upgrade Plan or which version of Pro Tools you can run.

Thanks for renewing and please expect to see a case notice email soon.
Hi Jeffro:
Thanks very much for getting back to me! Yes, what you say (unsurprisingly) is true. I've activated the Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) which did surrender the Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015, but that still only shows the Release limit of Versions released on or before 18/09/2017 - shouldn't that say 18/09/2018 now?
I'm still running 12.4.0 anyway (and I've been working on two large projects which I have now finished), which is why I suspect I haven't had a problem with my iLok, but I have high hopes for the new version due to be released soon...

Will look forward to receiving the case notice email!
FaceBook
MySpace
Old 10-16-2017, 03:49 AM

Same with me. Paid the huge renewal fee. Trying to maintain two HD licences but one is missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NomadicWax.com
Old 10-16-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
...I've activated the Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) which did surrender the Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015, but that still only shows the Release limit of Versions released on or before 18/09/2017...
Case is in progress to sort this all out, but I went in and fixed the Release Limit so that doesn't negatively impact anything while the case is being handled.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:29 PM

Hmm, same problem here. Paid for the HD subscription update, got a confirmation email and it shows in my Avid account. But no activation code, no new asset in my iLok account, and my current license will expire over the weekend. This shouldn't be this complicated.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7
Old 11-10-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmccoy View Post
Hmm, same problem here. Paid for the HD subscription update, got a confirmation email and it shows in my Avid account. But no activation code, no new asset in my iLok account, and my current license will expire over the weekend. This shouldn't be this complicated.
Not a problem, please allow me to clarify...

You have a Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan (which includes a perpetual license) not a Subscription. Renewing your plan (thank you!) updates the term listed with the product in my.avid.com/products (so you'll get new releases for another year) and sets the Release Limit date (Show Details on the license in iLok License Manager) to match so the license will authorize any versions released during your term. The other item in the Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan is the Pro Tools HD Plan license which authorizes the bonus plug-ins. That gets refreshed for another year right around your original end date as described in the FAQ. Hope this info helps!
Old 11-10-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Not a problem, please allow me to clarify...

You have a Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan (which includes a perpetual license) not a Subscription. Renewing your plan (thank you!) updates the term listed with the product in my.avid.com/products (so you'll get new releases for another year) and sets the Release Limit date (Show Details on the license in iLok License Manager) to match so the license will authorize any versions released during your term. The other item in the Pro Tools HD Upgrade and Support Plan is the Pro Tools HD Plan license which authorizes the bonus plug-ins. That gets refreshed for another year right around your original end date as described in the FAQ. Hope this info helps!
Okay, thanks much, jeffro, I'll keep an eye on it. It's still confusing because I do have two ilok licenses (one expired) showing for the two years I've had a subscription, so I assumed a new one would be forthcoming. And the confirmation email directed me to redeem the phantom code.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7