Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2011, 02:54 PM

Default Re: $900 for a unit that worked for a week?

Quote:
I hadn't had a Rev C before - I've now got Rev A, B, C and E . Can I shout "BINGO" and win a prize yet? Or do I need the D to win? ?
lmao!!! Man if i would of known this thread was going to get so much attention i would of made popcorn!!!

I think the one ending in "Rev A" is the version of PT your using. My PT cd jacket thing had a sticker on it that said Rev A. My 11R box has the BDDxxxxxxH1 as well, but im guessing the sticker that says "Eleven Rack P/N xxxx Rev D" means i have Rev D, not H1

Maybe your 11R is a frankenstein and is made up of all the Rev's to date! Hopefully it has all the strengths and no weaknesses of all the 11R's combined!!!

...We can rebuild him....we have the technology!!! *makes sound from million dollar man lol

Although if your already having to turn it on and off for it to work doesnt sound good! =(

Id still like to know what are the differences between the Rev's =)
Old 05-01-2011, 03:52 PM

Default Re: $900 for a unit that worked for a week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantesjuice View Post

I think the one ending in "Rev A" is the version of PT your using. My PT cd jacket thing had a sticker on it that said Rev A. My 11R box has the BDDxxxxxxH1 as well, but im guessing the sticker that says "Eleven Rack P/N xxxx Rev D" means i have Rev D, not H1
Aha! I just checked the Pro Tools packet and that has a SIXTH number on it which also has Rev A at the end.

Thanks for confirming that your original post was referring to the "Rev E" that comes next to the P/N on the sticker, not to the letter at the end of the serial number.

Presumably P/N stands for Part Number? If so that would seem to be a reasonably important identifier.

Quote:
I'd still like to know what are the differences between the Rev's =)
Me too. The product support here in West Australia is not likely to be good. All I've found listed for Australia so far is a phone number in Singapore. On another thread somebody (was it The Chimp??) mentioned that thousands of units had already been recalled and fixed, but that some may still be sitting on shelves. That sounds like a refreshingly honest appraisal. But if my unit is one such (and recalling stock that was shipped overseas may not have been a priority) then I'd like to know, as getting help could be quite a problem.

Here are the numbers again:

Pro Tools packet: 9105-xxxx-00 Rev A

On the white sticker (rego card and packaging box)

P/N 9900-xxxxx-00
Rev E

BDxxxxxxxxx39H

Elsewhere on the yellow card

9360-xxxxx-00 Rev B

on the grey sticker (also on the yellow card)

ZxxZ

9310-xxxxx-00 Rev A

On the underside of the actual unit itself:

Serial Number: BDxxxxxxxxx39H

PART NUMBER: 9100-xxxxx-00

Also, lower down on the same sticker: P/N 9310-xxxxx-00 Rev C

Why are those different from the P/N on the white stickers???

DATE CODE: 032

Could somebody from Avid please come clean about whether this unit is from a suspect batch or not?

Thank you.

Chris