Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 03-10-2018, 01:45 PM

Default Reinstalling PT and the Install Menu Does Not Render

Got a new hard drive, so I am reinstalling M-Powered 8 from disc, and then I have a crossgrade I will use to update. When I run setup from the M-Powered 8 disc the install pop-up appears, but the contents of the pop-up menu don't render. I can't do anything in the pop-up window and can't continue with the install. Any ideas on a work around? I'm running Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2018, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Reinstalling PT and the Install Menu Does Not Render

Not sure if it will help, but IIRC, there were lots of defective installer disks with LE8 and MP 8(as long as you registered it, you could probably get a fresh download from your MyAvid account). In any case, you need to open the disk(or download), find the Setup file, right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator(which actually should be done for any software install on Win7 or 10). You will likely also need the 8.0.5 updater(run as admin after you restart from the original install).

Having said that, what happened with the previous system drive? If it was working well, a disk clone might save a lot of hassle

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave