Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 06-18-2018, 04:11 PM

Default Re: PT M-Powered and Windows 10 ?

So does pro tools m-powered work on windows 10? I’m using pro tools first to play back some pro tools 5.1 le files, but there are no plugins on PT first. I just want to be able to play my old songs on my PC. Currently those songs are on an old G4 os9 mac. My PC has a Delta 2496 card so that’s why I’m thinking PT m powered. Thanks for the help,
Old 06-24-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv_guy View Post
So does pro tools m-powered work on windows 10? I’m using pro tools first to play back some pro tools 5.1 le files, but there are no plugins on PT first. I just want to be able to play my old songs on my PC. Currently those songs are on an old G4 os9 mac. My PC has a Delta 2496 card so that’s why I’m thinking PT m powered. Thanks for the help,
I would consolidate all the audio and export it. Then import into any current DAW and mix to your heart's content.

Also, since the sessions you wish to retrieve are on a Mac, they may well be saved in SD II file format(which no Windows machine will read). If you can open them on the old Mac, then you could go to File>Save Session Copy>check the box to enforce Mac/PC compatibility and convert to wave file format(I keep an old G4 in the closet just for this sort of thing)

But wait! There's MORE. Skip M-Powered because ever since PT9 was released, you should be able to use the Delta card with any newer version of Pro Tools

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-19-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I would consolidate all the audio and export it. Then import into any current DAW and mix to your heart's content.

Also, since the sessions you wish to retrieve are on a Mac, they may well be saved in SD II file format(which no Windows machine will read). If you can open them on the old Mac, then you could go to File>Save Session Copy>check the box to enforce Mac/PC compatibility and convert to wave file format(I keep an old G4 in the closet just for this sort of thing)

But wait! There's MORE. Skip M-Powered because ever since PT9 was released, you should be able to use the Delta card with any newer version of Pro Tools

Thanks for your tips. After trying Pro Tools First again, seems like exporting all the tracks on my Pro Tools G4 and importing them to Bitwig or Live would be a better bet for me at this time.
Old 12-25-2019, 04:57 PM

Has anybody had more experience with this? A friend running M-Powered 8 wants to move from win 7 to win 10.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:15 PM

Me too!
I’m having trouble installing it...
Computer reboot and go to recovery mode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Pro Tools 8 M-Powered
  • 32G RAM
  • 240G SSD / 1T HD - SATA
  • M-Audio Profire2626
  • FireWire PCIEx Texas Instuments - Legacy Driver
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660