Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 09-18-2018, 08:14 PM

Default Resurrect old m-powered license w/no M-audio interface?

MY PEOPLE,

I am considering Paying to file an RMA (return merchandise authorization) with iLOK and then re-establishing a 10yr old license for Pro Tools M-powered. These days I am not using an M-audio interface and I am concerned some proprietary technical restriction would keep M-Powered Pro Tools from working on my current set up. Is it the case that M-powered Pro Tools can not function sans M-Audio interface? I heard rumor of this many many moons ago. Excited to re-join the fold I love Pro Tools and have used it professionally engineering in many studios. My home use was equally productive. (I wonder if my old license could be applied to Pro Tools LE?)
Old 09-18-2018, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Resurrect old m-powered license w/no M-audio interface?

Yes MP requires an MP compatible interface... if that is all you need you can find those used cheap... as long as a driver is available to run on whatever OS you are using.

There is no such thing as “LE” any more, it’s “Pro Tools” (replaced Pro Tools LE) and Pro Tools Ultimate (Replaced Pro Tools HD). And MP anything has long gone (replaced in part by either Pro Tools First or Pro Tools).

Your MP license may still help you. But I have no idea if Avid will still agree to replace a license on a *missing* iLok... Pace/iLok can replace a license if you have a dead iLok with the license on it. - it’s unclear why you need to “RMA” anything here - why? Is it broken? Or lost?

Your license options are here: https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/pr...-upgrade-chart

And I would strongly suggest calling Sweetwater sales.

The real issue you will face is not getting a license, it is making sure you have a compatible combination of interface/interface driver version/OS version/Pro Tools version. The sales rep should be asking you lots of questions about that.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-18-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Resurrect old m-powered license w/no M-audio interface?

Just a Google away...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ility/en408271